rear engine pics.

stugtir300

Evening all, at risk of sounding daft, where will I find the gallery, im after pics of the rear of the engine, so I know what hoses are situated there, I brought a samco/silicone 11 piece kit a while back and now need to figure out which ones go where, the old girl decided to spit water all over the drive earlier tonight, im pretty sure ive found the problem hose but while im replacing that I might aswell do the rest, if I can get to them from underneath the car, any pointers or pics would be much appreciated.cheers.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I was the opposite. I found it easier to get underneath than take the inlet off. (skinny arms help)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I've had one of the water hoses on the standard oil cooler split on me before, i found it easier to take the complete inlet manifold off to replace it rather than try to do it from underneath.
As it happens; this is what happened to me earlier this week, and I was under the car looking at the hole dripping water onto the exhaust yesterday.

I can't face taking the inlet manifold off, so I'll try it Carl's way... but I might take the exhaust off to make more space.

stugtir300

Cheers,so that means with respect to the water leak I can ignore them 5 hoses,and the rest in the pictures I can change?

stugtir300

I see,so the sandwich plate has the two hoses running of it and that is what the filter is screwed to,I was thinking of getting the mocal front mount oil cooler kit,am I right in thinking the sandwich plate screws into the original location of the oil filter,I was unsure how to fit the kit,hence the reason for not getting one.

shroom

yes basically the plate goes on were the oil filter does, a bolt goes in screwing onto the thread and then you can put your oil filter onto that. Can get a bit of a pain in the arse sometimes though.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Well I can also say that on track you dont hold back lol as my ribs told me the day after the GTiROC track day lol
How random you mentioned that, I found/watched one of my on board videos from that day about 30 mins ago! :lol:

Fusion Ed

FYI I did some temp monitoring on Mad4it's pulsar (550bhp) on a track without an oil cooler and oil temps were no problem. IMHO the adaptor plates cause more hassle than its worth...

nickr

FYI I did some temp monitoring on Mad4it's pulsar (550bhp) on a track without an oil cooler and oil temps were no problem. IMHO the adaptor plates cause more hassle than its worth...
@Fusion Ed

Do you mind sharing the temps he saw, was it a hot day, and length of the track session?

I'm building up my car to do hill climbs/track days and was debating on an oil cooler. I've had oil temps in the 120 degree C mark on short laps on hot days.

MarkTurbo

Was he pootling round like a girl on a cold day :lol:

Before I had an oil cooler a 15 min session at castle combe on a not particularly warm day in may got mine upto 120 degrees with half that power ;-)