Rear disc part no.

whytie

Mayby you got sent the wrong discs, looking at the drawing they look correct. Are they vented?

gazgstar

No their solid discs mate, should they be vented? Sent the company the numbers that are on the discs they sent me and they said they dont match anything? So I reckon I have the wrong discs discs in the correct box.

vss irvine

They are gti discs mate. I bought a set too. The pricks wanted £15 to swap them out when clearly its advertised wrong.

Gtir rear discs are around £80.

gazgstar

Think your right martyn. The listing says the centre height is 44mm, when I try fit them I would say their 10mm too big. Searched all the ebay listings and 90% of the adds list their centre height as 44mm apart from black diamond who list it as 33mm. Pretty sure 33mm is what our cars need. Going to get a refund on these discs n let them know their adds total bollocks

splmum

33mm is the correct size.

it appears you have been given GTi discs.

Here in Oz some makers don't even know what a GTI-R is and try and flog off standard Nissan Pulsar N14 discs.

skiddusmarkus

If they try and charge you to return them quote the distance selling act, it should all be at their expense. Same goes for so called restocking fees.

gazgstar

Ok so now after a dozen messages back and forward with the seller, they've offered me another set of discs with the same spec haha. Told them no and to arrange a courier to pick these up and issue a refund. Now they say that they have checked with ebc and it the same fitment ebc have sold for years with no issues. It must be because my car is an import and has different set up from a uk sunny??? And due to this reason of them saying its the correct spec they dont want to cover courier costs haha. Are these people for real

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
No. The Sunny GTiR is (almost) identical to the Pulsar GTiR; the differences are only cosmetic and a slightly different ECU map for European fuel. :doh:

splmum

Ok so now after a dozen messages back and forward with the seller, they've offered me another set of discs with the same spec haha. Told them no and to arrange a courier to pick these up and issue a refund. Now they say that they have checked with ebc and it the same fitment ebc have sold for years with no issues. It must be because my car is an import and has different set up from a uk sunny??? And due to this reason of them saying its the correct spec they dont want to cover courier costs haha. Are these people for real
Now you have hit the nail on the head "... because my car is an import and has different set up from a uk sunny???"

Yes it is a different set up from a UK sunny but not in the way they are inferring it.

A UK sunny, be it UK or import is NOT a GTI-R.

A UK sunny is one of those things with a 1.4 or 1.6L engine and sometimes a 2.0L if it is a GTi and it is a bloody sunny of which 99%, if not 100%, of them are Front Wheel Drive.

All the sunny models have a DIFFERENT brake set-up (calipers and discs) to a GTI-R.

But none of them are a GTI-R, that is the main difference.

And if they say they have checked with EBC and they say EBC say "it is what they have sold for years", then somebody is LYING.

gazgstar

Yeah their definately lying. Ebc and mintex are both listing gti discs as gtir discs. They honestly believe these fit. I have reported all the ebay adds listing these discs as gtir.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It might be something stupid like the pads are the same, so they assume the discs are too.

geoff pine

The basic problem is these people are to stupid to note the difference between n14 bog standard sunny and nn14 sunny gtir .

STU666V

I have a new set of gti rear discs too. lots of emails later and i just gave up.

They kept saying we have sold loads of these before and no one has complained about them.....

gazgstar

Exactly what they said to me stu. Ebc couldnt possibly by wrong, my car must have a different setup as its an import, even though when I supply them my reg they tell me they should fit. I sent them a link to black diamond who had the correct discs and they still kept banging on about Ebc!! Went into my local factors yesterday and gave them my reg and got some perfect fitment discs just like that. Must have known I had one of those special import pulsars and got me in some special discs;-)