rb22 low mileage project, offers!!!

P

pulsarboby

ok people im placing this car up for sale as im not getting the time to carry out the respray on it and other bits n bobs that need doing!

first off this is not your usual run of the mill pulsar it is a genuine rb22 lightweight 1994 model that was used in majolca for club rallying.
the car is rust free with no bubbling anywhere.
engine and braking system are still standard and unmolested due to rules
it has loads of never seen before goodies on it such as:

very unusual plate reads mr 3 toe lol
carbon fibre fuel & brakeline covers
carbon fibre diff guard
alluminium slam panels to front
nismo short ratio box
nismo rear brace
knee rests
roll hoop (was formerly a full cage)
lightweight steel rims
map light
front and rear fixed braces
special edition badges
original stereo
uprated struts n springs
and no doubt other goodies that ive forgotten to mention

now the prob at the moment is that i cant find any of the paperwork i was given for this vehicle, i had it motd and it still has mot on it but cant find that either.
im going to sort through all the folders and paperwork i have on various cars to see if i can try and find it all (its there somewhere lol)

i purchased this car around a year or so ago with the intention of giving it a full restoration and respray as the car will be worth a lot of money when done, but im not getting the time to do it due to all my other commitments.
i used the car on the road a few months back after getting taxed and motd but after that it was taken off the road again as i did not want to put any more miles on it as it has only done 11,000km from new.

it runs and drives perfectly with no faults, and the engine, clutch and gearbox are excellent in every way and consistant with the mileage, oil pressure and engine comps are spot on, so overall a good strong engine and drivetrain.

the kenwood logo stickers are crazed (due to the heat in majolca) so will need removing and the car will need respraying back to its original superwhite.

this is a very hard car to put a price on as ive nothing to compare against, so im open to offers on it over 3k (pm me with any genuine offers of interest)

i paid a lot of money myself for this car so im not gonna give it away for peanuts but i would rather it go to someone who was prepared to put a bit of work into restoring it again as its a crime to leave it just standing and not being used.

any questions then fire away!

car is still reading in kmh and is still restricted to 112mph (but believe me it gets there very quickly)

im also willing to chuck in a set of alloys of your choice that i have in stock!

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pulsarboby

ive had a couple of pms about it already trev, and im sure this one wont be around for too long.
ive been asked for more photos on it so il get some on sunday hopefully (weather permitting) il take a few from different angles, underside, interior and engine bay.

not just saying this but the car would make an excellent sprint or hillclimb car, i was considering using it myself on track but dont think it would be much good on larger circuits as the big boys would whoop it on the longer straights

Tk1

make an ideal sprint / hill car bob , your a bad man for posting this up
a set of decent brakes and i'd use it as it is

P

pulsarboby

haha no good getting old if you dont get clever:lol::lol:

no seriously though it really would! its one of those type of cars that you would be wasting your time on trying to up the power as it revs so freely due to the low ratio box, it hits a ton in as fast as you can change gear (like driving a normally aspirated car, there is no lag whatsoever)
to me and gtirjoey (whos also took it for a spin) we both came to the same conclusion that it doesnt resemble a standard gtir in any way to drive, totally different experience!

gtirjoey

yes it is lovely car to drive and totally differant to a normal r, it drives an absoulute dream.
im sure the first to view will buy this car

P

pulsarboby

heres other photos as requested, none of underside as i wasnt gonna lay on the floor in the wet lol
the bit in the boot is part of the rear diff gaurd!
theres no airfilter on car at the moment but it does have original airbox for it.

P

pulsarboby

the reason it hasnt got an airfilter on at the mo is because i fitted a blitz one on it but then the car was taken off the road 'as i didnt want to put more mileage on it' and airfilter was sold, its not been used since last august september time, but have original or aftermarket filter to go back on.

ollie....as at start of thread im looking for offers not under 3k, will be worth a fair few quid when finished!

dencon

Bob. What does the 22 stand for?. Is this a Nismo model no 22, although I can not see the plate that is normally above servo. Has it got wind up windows and non electric mirrors. thanks,den.

P

pulsarboby

i dont know tbh but il try find out for you.
yes has windey windows and non electric mirrors

P

pulsarboby

mr 3 toe has now been sold, and is gonna be used for what it was built for by new owner8)