rb edition

L

levin

hi all got some more Q trolling me mind so though i'd post em up and gain some knowledge hopefully :lol:

1 was wondering if RB spec GTiR's come up for sale every now and then or if these are really scarce ? i've just been looking out for a gtir so dont know yet
2 are RB's worth more than a RA with equal spec/age/mileage simply because there is fewer of 'em ?
3 the faq spec list states the RB is 30kg lighter is this solely due to the absence of a rear wiper, aircon, electronically operated mirrors & windows and door pockets or is there more to it ? seems like many kg for only few bits imo
4 is the gearbox and casing of the RB any stronger than that of the RA ?

cheers

gunmetalgtir

1. Yes they are quite rare.

2. Nope wouldn't say that they are more/less expensive

3. Fastguy will be your best bet to answer this as he seems to be the weight saving expert on here! He also has an RB.

4. Nope the same casing IIRC

Personally I wouldn't get an an RB due to the close ratio and also having to wind up and down the windows all the time! :lol:

L

levin

gunmetalgtir said:
Personally I wouldn't get an an RB due to the close ratio and also having to wind up and down the windows all the time! :lol:
funny you're saying that, its amongst the reasons why i'd prefer an RB

big thanks for the reply's

Fire & skill

Vintage member
they are hard to live with if its an everyday car, but if its weekender etc its lots of fun - esp chasing motorbikes 8) that is until you hit 125 :(

i'd have my RB back in a heartbeat - i miss that car

gunmetalgtir

I used to want an RB for the close ratio box as well! But after reading about the how sh1t the top speed is and how high the revs sit if your on the motorway I changed my mind! :lol:

Jul

I have an Rb box in mine,as said if top speed is your thing then its a no no, but for A/B roads there so much fun:lol: .

Motorway driving is not to bad at 70-80mph;-)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
levin said:
3 the faq spec list states the RB is 30kg lighter is this solely due to the absence of a rear wiper, aircon, electronically operated mirrors & windows and door pockets or is there more to it ? seems like many kg for only few bits imo

cheers
All the aircon bits add upto around 23kg, rear wiper and motor maybe another 2kg, front seats are about 2kg lighter each, so probably yes in answer to your question. Also some doors don't have a side impact bar and are a few kg lighter too.