Raising the compression?

noriek2003

i personally wouldn't bother tbh on standard gearset, its still going to break when you start putting some power/abuse through it..lol.

soin

ta mate .. nice to see members willing to go out of their way if possible ..being down here in cornwall im likely to be a fair distance from anyone ..

stumo

ta mate .. nice to see members willing to go out of their way if possible ..being down here in cornwall im likely to be a fair distance from anyone ..

naaa, we'd just stand around, point at things and kick you a few times before dissappearing back home:thumbsup:

C

chris_gtir

thank u for the info mate, any idea how much i should b expecting to pay for the gearbox bearings? and while its out shud i upgrade it or keep it std? the car is pretty much std power etc anyway? cheers

C

chris_gtir

counted the red led falshes, it flashes 9 times, and the abs light is on. cheers guys any help is much appreciated.

keastygtir

gearbox drain plug

Hi I went to take mine out today and it was very tight. I was reluctant to give it **** as I didnt want to break it.

Do they have a history of breaking or it ok to give it stick?

P

pulsarboby

they can be fcukers to budge as some people put silicone round them aswell as tightening them up as hard as possible:der:

make sure you have the right 3/8 socket tool to undo them with first of all as you dont wanna be rounding the inside off (dont use a 3/8 socket bar as the edges are rounded and youll end up tearing the middle out.

if that doesnt work then get a blow torch and get it nice n hot and try get a set of mole grips on it or final resort is a hammer and chisel to try and loosen it

geoff pine

Before you take it out i would check that you can get the filler plug out you can drain it with a syphon but you will never fill it from the bottom:doh:

vss irvine

the plugs are made of steel, ive had to weld onto them before if theyve been fecked!

normally i use an old short extension, and heat produced from welding the extension to the plug helps aswell.

geoff pine

I had this problem with my transfer box drain plug wielded a short bolt to it which i then sheered the head of Boby knows the rest of the story.

Sween

Short ratio gearbox

Ok guys so it is another gearbox question. I have a local contact who has a number of Pulsar gearbox's for sale and he at least one of them is a short ratio gearbox from the rally version. Considering that we are all aware of the known issues with the normal gearbox I wondered if anyone knew of any issues with these boxes?

Gav_Kara

im running one mate u loose top end speed but compensate with it faster through gears so makes ya car a good 0-60 beast