Rad fan not coming on...

chrism

As stated above. Ive checked the fans work by bridging and they do. I tried connecting my laptop/ecu talk but its unable to connect. Im going to try disabling autoconnect on it and try again. However I tried doing a fault code check but when I short the pins the engine light doesnt go out. Has anyone else had any experience of this.

Im going to measure the resistance through the sensor by checking the pins on the ecu but if thats okay then Im a bit stumped.

Any help appreciated.

Chris.

Fusion Ed

Should make no difference. You could pull out the rom board and the ECU will fail into limp home. If the fan DOES NOT come on then, its a wiring fault or damaged ECU.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If it has a Nistune board on, do you have the software to see if you're at the temperature where the fans should kick in.

I was wondering incase you had an aftermarket ecu where you lose consult functionality.

Make sure your laptop is looking at the correct com port. I've noticed mine has randomly changed before when it wouldn't connect.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Is it just that the engine isn't hot enough for them to come on? - I thought mine didn't work for quite a while, but after some spirited driving on a warm day I finally caught them turning.