R is drinking too much optimax

Nad

Im suprised no one has mentioned this yet. Its all to do with where ur driving and how ur driving. If u dont ever cruise in 5th gear much forget fuel economy. The engine uses roughly the same amount of fuel per set rpm. Its what gear ur in will decide ur fuel economy. I get 18.2mpg in my V6 Omega, and thats driving carefully. Problem is its all city miles, not much motorway.

In my R i used to get 150miles to £35, though that was some time ago. If ur always driving locally and using ur right foot that seems about right. I can get the Omega down to 7mpg when I boot it, u'd be suprised how much fuel and R uses. Is the same reason people always make a point about going thru a few tanks at track days, running flat out constantly u'll see single figures all day!

Nad

K

KrissJ

Its a good point.

Never been on a track day but can imagine the cost :shock: If I go on a good blast out I can almost see the gauge moving down! Not as bad as our old V8 overfinch range rover though. Put your foot to the floor and you actually COULD see the gauge move :lol: