quaife owners

coxie

8) i have just purchased a fully rebuilt gearbox with quaife internals done by hiteq and was talking with the guy i bought it off about ratios. :? :?:

what are the ratios of the kit v's standard :?:
how does this effect gearing/speeds :?:

all i do know is that fifth is standard ratio but uprated gear. :)

D

Dee 1

They are

1st- 2.615
2nd- 1.765
3rd- 1.238
4th- 0.917
5th- 0.741

:)

D

Dee 1

Well first feels longer but as for the rest its hard to say as i had the Quaife in with my 600cc injectors and my FC Pro and 1.5 bar :?

gtir303

to be honest mine doesnt feel much different in the ratio,s just deffernatly very noisy had mine about1 and half years

D

Dee 1

ki_saj_ng said:
iv seen this a couple times but kept quiet.

why and where does this noise come from?
The noise comes from the teeth on the gears as they are a straighter cut :)

coxie

:? from what i beleive the gears are cut slightly different. also there are far less teeth on the quaife gears from what i recall seeing at a local tuner when he was kind enough to show me the inside of one. :D

gtir303

yer they are not totally straight cut but near anuff thats why u get the nioseand there is less teeth cause the teeth are twice the size

A

Anonymous

Coxie said:
any body know the standard ratios and what difference they make.
do a search for them as i'm sure skiddus has posted them up before.
don't think there any big differences in the ratios,i certainly havn't noticed any,other than the gears are def a lot stronger :D

zia

standard
1st 3.285
2nd 1.850
3rd 1.272
4th 0.954
5th 0.740

revs 3.266

final drive 4.1

having my spare box done at the mo. hopefully i,ll have something to put it in. :?
zia

L

LoXy

maybe some of you guys dont know, but the reverse gear is totally straight, thats why it makes a loud winding noise. and on formula one cars all the gears are straight.

C

chris-b

most full race cars have straight cut /dog boxes--such as wrc etc hence the loud whinnig noise---much like my old dog box-aka-the missus!