Quaife Diffs

Just curious with so many GTi-R owners out there, and with NISMO diffs getting harder and harder to source each day i was wondering have anyone tried getting together, get Quaife to develop diffs for us and start a group purchase?
Just a thought.
I remembered some time back in Oz a bunch of owners got Modena engineering to make a batch for them.

I noticed that Quaife makes R180 ATB diffs in their websites. I wonder would they fit on our Rs?

Would be damn cool if Quaife could make front, rears and even centre diffs.
Just something to ponder to make our Rs goes round corners better.

I don't have access to that page.
So did Quaiffe LSD ever materialized?

Another thing i've always wondered if R180 diffs from other cars like the Scoobies for example or the R180 Quaiffe lsd would fit on our GTi-Rs?

Trip

Jon Olds said:
Would be interested in a front diff.

The rear is already viscous type and an aftermarket is already available from Cusco.

What we really need is a Front LSD. :thumbsup:

ashills said:
180 rear diffs can be fitted
So it's possible to fit any R180 LSD diff and not necessarily a GTi-R specific diff?
Do u know what cars out there running R180 Diffs?

Back then when they were discussing on doing some quaife ATB for the front, how much were they asking for?

Trip

BabyGodzillaGTi-R said:
So it's possible to fit any R180 LSD diff and not necessarily a GTi-R specific diff?
Do u know what cars out there running R180 Diffs?

Back then when they were discussing on doing some quaife ATB for the front, how much were they asking for?
usually silvia's have the 180 diffs while the bigger brother (skyline) use the R200

gtirx2

RishiGTiR said:
Yes they do make the front for our cars! I have seen them! Some people from this club have them!
I have a cusco one altho i need a new plate for it as one was shattered:sad:
I have been onto co-ordsport and they think they can get me the plate i need but has not yet got back to me.
Also the cusco front diff is not made for the gti-r no more,so once again you need some of that luck to find one;-)
Heres a couple of pics

http://www.gtiroc.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=1571&c=46

Last edited:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
gtirx2 said:
Also the cusco front diff is not made for the gti-r no more,so once again you need some of that luck to find one;-)
When i spoke to a certain Japanese company they were able to get me one although i would have a 2 month wait for it.. It was closer to the begining of the year i was asking so maybe they stopped it all together now..

I've got the diffs i wanted anyway.. :D

So to cut the chase if u want a new front lsd what would your best bet?

I know where to source new rear NISMOs. But it's the front that's hard to find.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I believe the N14 sentra with the SR20 used a front LSD, does anyone know if the diff could be removed and swapped to our housing? I'm guessing not otherwise someone would already have done it.