quaife box

S

stokie1

as above, picked up one of these with only 3000m :lol:

anyway looked at all the stuff posted before, people saying quaife box
looks stronger than the par box rated to 650bhp

read somewhere scoobie boys frying dog boxes using 6000+ hp :cry:

managed to pick one of these as replacement for if/when my dog box breaks, really wanted to know what power i will be able to run without
risking the spare box

JIMMYBACK

Dooie Pop Pop said:
i think the quaiffes supposed to be able to handle 400-450lb of torque iirc
o if thats the question dooie it only suppost to support 350 pounds of torque :shock:

LOU ROB

I was to told from a company who builds W.R.C gearboxes, to stay clear of the gtir quaife box :wink:

I'm gonna get a REAL box made by this certain company :D 8)

JIMMYBACK

LOU ROB said:
I was to told from a company who builds W.R.C gearboxes, to stay clear of the gtir quaife box :wink:

who 8)

LOU ROB

JIMMYBACK said:
LOU ROB said:

who 8)
Can't give out that information :shock: Iv'e gotta keep 1 step ahead of everyone else :wink: :twisted:

I could have bought a quaife a long time ago, But i'd rather stick to standard boxes :p

Dooie Pop Pop

JIMMYBACK said:
Dooie Pop Pop said:
i think the quaiffes supposed to be able to handle 400-450lb of torque iirc
o if thats the question dooie it only suppost to support 350 pounds of torque :shock:
well mines getting 370lbft atm and its going up up up :twisted: :lol:

O

Odin

LOU ROB said:
I was to told from a company who builds W.R.C gearboxes, to stay clear of the gtir quaife box
How long ago was this mate?, As there was a problem with the version one quaife box. Saying that mine is a version 1 and I had no problem at all running 311bhp and 304lb's through it for 2 years of hard 5500rpm launches and track days. In total it did 31/2 years and 36000 miles before the nissan bearings and syncro's gave up the ghost 8) :wink: .

It was something to do with 3rd gear :? bernie did tell me what but i'v forgotten :oops: , Anyway when I had my box rebuilt last year I called up quaife and asked them about it and they sent me a brand spanking new version 4 3rd gear to replace mine free of charge 8) :D .

So please no one try and tell me that quaife's customer support isn't top notch :wink: .

As for how much it can take I'm going to be putting 400-450bhp through it and 400lb's and I'm not worried about it breaking :wink: , But nothing is unbreakable is it :cry: even your new planed box Lou so remember that :idea: .

rob

Dooie Pop Pop

LOU ROB said:
Can't give out that information :shock: Iv'e gotta keep 1 step ahead of everyone else :wink: :twisted:
PMSL! :lol: woah horsey! :lol: i believe this club brought YOU up to speed matey. share your sh1te we wont tell :wink: :lol:

LOU ROB

Dooie Pop Pop said:
PMSL! :lol: woah horsey! :lol: i believe this club brought YOU up to speed matey. share your sh1te we wont tell :wink: :lol:
I'll correct you there mate, this club didn't educate me one bit..I was running 1.6bar and pulling high 11's on standard internals before I even knew about this club :wink:

Dooie Pop Pop

LOU ROB said:
Dooie Pop Pop said:
I'll correct you there mate, this club didn't educate me one bit..I was pulling high 11's before I even knew about this club :wink:
ooo high 11' s :lol: ok granted :wink: but now your doing much better :wink: :lol: come on Lou give it up. most of us probably couldn' t afford one anyway :(

LOU ROB

Dooie Pop Pop said:
ooo high 11' s :lol: ok granted :wink: but now your doing much better :wink: :lol: come on Lou give it up. most of us probably couldn' t afford one anyway :(
The point is that there are only 2 of these kits in the world, and to make exact same would cost ££££££, so I won't spill the beans untill I have 1 fitted 8)
I'll spill the beans once I have it in posession, Then you can all fight amongst yourselves for the remaining kit :lol:

nismoboy

im also not totaly convinced about quaife boxes and i dont want a dog box either due to being a awkard to drive. So basicly im fooked! i need to start collecting spare boxes lol

LOU ROB

nismoboy said:
im also not totaly convinced about quaife boxes and i dont want a dog box either due to being a awkard to drive. So basicly im fooked! i need to start collecting spare boxes lol
Or you could get a standard one shot-peened :wink:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Quaife Box... 50+ Launches... Still fine...

Just to clear it up... ITS NOT RATED AT 350BHP!!!!.... Thats just what they will warranty it for...

It should be fine for 550lb.ft

Rishi

G

GTI-R Kid

nismoboy said:
what u want is a straight cut syncromesh box with uprated bearings and selecter folks if there such a thing.
What i want is to win the lottery! :lol: :lol:

Lou - could this mystery box end up being produced in bigger numbers as an alternative to the Quaife/PAR/£16k Nismo gearbox options?

LOU ROB

GTI-R Kid said:
nismoboy said:
what u want is a straight cut syncromesh box with uprated bearings and selecter folks if there such a thing.
What i want is to win the lottery! :lol: :lol:

Lou - could this mystery box end up being produced in bigger numbers as an alternative to the Quaife/PAR/£16k Nismo gearbox options?
Posibly, with enough demand.
But let me see how good it is, maybe after it takes the punishment that I give the boxes. Let me prove it first, then posibly...........

Group buy :wink: