Pulsar gurus....HELP!!

MrMischief

I realise the speed-delimiter problems have been raised more than a few times...they've been threaded to death...but alas, I have a new twist...I have a converter on mine, but it still seems to be limited in 4th & 5th gears (approx 115 in 4th & 120 in 5th), which is a bit annoying as I'm approaching those speeds on the strip.

Having taken the dash off to check the converter's wired in right, I found this :shock: :

You can see where the circuit's been chopped and a wire soldered on. The wee circuit board has no recognisable identification on it.
Any ideas if it's repairable, I reckon it'd be best to rip it out, fix the circuit, get a new converter/delimiter and start from scratch.

This was done at a well known scottish importer :roll:

Any help appreciated...
Steve

skiddusmarkus

It looks like they were too lazy to attatch the yellow wire to the top screw/washer properly-try putting it back in and test it on your local airstrip with the dash off to save messing about with it if it doesn't work.
Oh and sorry,not a guru,just a bodgit :wink: .

ram5ay

Not used these converters personally, but the wiring looks ok :shock: - I mean, it is connected so that it should work if the converter is good.
Had to replace one on an evo before that was faulty tho.

skiddusmarkus said:
It looks like they were too lazy to attatch the yellow wire to the top screw/washer properly.
Top screw is the signal out to the ecu, and lookin at how this converter has been wired the yellow wire will be its km/h signal in - so fixing yellow to top screw wont solve your problem.

Safest bet is to repair the circuit, and fit a new converter from a reputable company.

MrMischief

ram5ay said:
Not used these converters personally, but the wiring looks ok :shock: - I mean, it is connected so that it should work if the converter is good.
Had to replace one on an evo before that was faulty tho.

skiddusmarkus said:
It looks like they were too lazy to attatch the yellow wire to the top screw/washer properly.
Top screw is the signal out to the ecu, and lookin at how this converter has been wired the yellow wire will be its km/h signal in - so fixing yellow to top screw wont solve your problem.

Safest bet is to repair the circuit, and fit a new converter from a reputable company.
That's part of the problem - the convertor works - the speedo reads in mph fine, but it's still limited - due to the ecu still receiving km/h i guess.

I reckon I'll get a new delimiter/convertor and start from scratch.

Cheers for the advice...
Steve