pulsar for sale

whytie

Thinking of sellin my black 1991 pulsar the bottom end is away so im currently looking for a new engine. Dont really want to sell but i just bought a rev 5 mr2 turbo and running both is quite expensive as you would guess, and dont seem to drive the pulsar as often as i thought i would.If i had a spare lockup i would keep but as mine has a few motorbikes in it im running out of space. So someone can take as it is or wait till a put a new engine in it which will prob be as soon as a find one.

The car was just m.o.t.ed few weeks ago and has six months tax.

The car has
17 inch black 5 spoke alloys
hks turbo timer
hks dump valve
up rated brakes
d2 fully adjustable coil overs (brand new fitted 3 weeks ago done 40 mile)
front mount intercooler( brand new fitted 3 weks ago)
air filter relocation pipe
battery moved to boot
new spark plugs and dizzy cap
de cated with full exhaust system
mirror spark plug cover
front bumper cut out for intercooler
helix organic clutch
lock wood white dials
small nissan steering wheel

I have loads of parts in garage i was planning on fitting or keeping spare which are.

g ready boost controller ( brand new still boxed )
smoked boost gauge (brand new)
walbro 255 fuel pump
short shifter ( brand new )
gear gaitor ( band new )
small aluminium oil cooler with braided hoses
tailgate with spoiler ( grey )
drivers door ( black )
2 black eleci folding wing mirrors left and right
front bumper bar
front bumper uncut (black )
top mount intercooler with surround plate
rocker cover ( red )
front strut brace ( red )
spare dials with 134k on them
clear side repeaters

As you can see ive spent a bit of money with all those spares i picked up. Anyone can make a offer to take car as it is, If not ill put new engine + fuel pump and boost controller in.

Want to ask more send message or call 07784263230

Last edited:

whytie

ill sell for 1700 without the spare parts . 3 weeks ago i fitted the suspension, front mount and air filter relocation pipe. This was about a 1000 pound worth of parts there still basiclly brand new. Starting to think my best bet is to put a engine in it, the thought of parting with it for 1700 makes me wanna cry lol.

P

pulsarboby

pulsar craig said:
if ur concerned about the money side of things u wud be better breaking it, u will always get more that way

he wont 'believe me';-)
ive stopped buying cars to break for the time being as even on a £1500 car with a good engine and box, you will not get your money back that you paid for the car, the only thing that sells other than engine and box are the uprated parts and theres stacks of them floating around so its a buyers market.

i just sold a good car for £1800 with a good engine and box which is on its way to belgium on friday.
if there had been so much money to be made by breaking it then i would have done it believe me!

with a knackered engine the car would struggle to bring £1200 (with spares) sorry whytie but thats the truth, you will be better to get it running and sell it that way.

vss irvine

the other thing to look at though, if you spend another 1k either rebuilding the engine or getting a replacement engine, then are you going get your money back? unless you were going to keep it once its fixed?

P

pulsarboby

yes thats very true! its a vicious circle but i think theres more chance of getting around 3k for a good clean car than getting £1500 for one thats got a duff engine

so its swings and roundabouts really, would be better to get it running, keep it untill prices start moving up a bit, but not everyone can afford to keep hold of them that long and when winter comes the prices really do take a nose dive.

you must have noticed a fall in sales on s/h stuff martyn?
i certainly have since the credit crunch hit, people just aint got the money to lash out willy nilly any more unless its a part they have to have to keep car on road!

vss irvine

pulsarboby said:
you must have noticed a fall in sales on s/h stuff martyn?

i think its got alot to do with the price of fuel bob, people are spending more on fuel everyweek, so less to spend on maintenance. as you said if the cars still running they wont spend the money. even then they grudge the price most of the time!

whytie

Think ill go down that road and get it running, then see what happens its pretty gutting as not to long ago i got rid of a good engine when you kind of no you should of kept it for a spare. You also no that when its running you never want to sell, my issue isnt about a need the money its more the space. Its a head ****er.