price of a standard R

vpulsar

is really but lets say its in very good condition?

Again still difficult to answer mate, Me personally I'd pay 10k for a really proper mint low mileage original car but that's just me, I'm sure a good one would be worth 5k to most people Dave but it's a matter of finding the right buyer and weeding out the dreamers and wankers lol.

Rob

Dangerous Dave

l know what you mean Rob, i have one with 110000km stack of history and no rust on the arches i also have another on its way with 90k miles on it again with a stack of history..

£8-10k for a good original car or more for the right car,

this is what i was thinking 8-10k for a good standard car, i think if more of us advertise the cars at the higher asking prices im sure we will see the prcie rise on the cars??

Mr B

Wait till you get them before deciding what they worth.
For 8 to 10K you would need something super exceptional for uk, 5 to 7k is more realistic for tidy close to standard jdm cars.
With bit of effort you can still source very very tidy & very low mileage from Japan for 5k uk - otr price.
Top grade R's are not cheap cheap in auction or pre auction sale as they have plenty of interest.

Dangerous Dave

Wait till you get them before deciding what they worth.
For 8 to 10K you would need something super exceptional for uk, 5 to 7k is more realistic for tidy close to standard jdm cars.
With bit of effort you can still source very very tidy & very low mileage from Japan for 5k uk - otr price.
Top grade R's are not cheap cheap in auction or pre auction sale as they have plenty of interest.

i already own them:roll:

Dangerous Dave

I would say that as your a bit north it will de value the car. People dont like buying things from ass scratching northerners. Top Gear showed how much spunk and crap was on cars up there.

Wanker... no one likes a wanker:lol: so 3k if we are lucky then?

Dangerous Dave

Mmm i said get not own, but have you seen them in flesh.
Your post mentions other one coming so I assuming on a boat !

ones sat on the drive outside my window, and the other i have seen and is on its way

ive just sold two with a few mods an the next ones are stock

Last edited:

vpulsar

I paid 9k for my second one about 12 years ago and that was still a lot of money back then, but it did have a quaife box and AP brakes already fitted, I bought the new standard one from Danny for a fair price but it did need a little work and I've spend something like 15k extra lol.

I would be nice to see the prices rise again they're fantastic little cars if not to molested.

Rob

Dangerous Dave

Looks like we are saying 8k for one then,

you sold that mr2 yet whytie? I've been looking at getting a drift toy either that or a r34

Empty Pockets

If you do advertise it for 8-10k let us know how long it takes to sell, i can't see them fetching anywhere near that for a good few years yet personally.

Obviously you get the odd foreigner willing to pay crazy money for a uk sunny due to import restrictions in their country, or want a lhd, but i can't see a jap import pulsar fetching anywhere near 8k personally, i'll keep mine in the garage though just incase lol.

shroom

If you do advertise it for 8-10k let us know how long it takes to sell, i can't see them fetching anywhere near that for a good few years yet personally.

Obviously you get the odd foreigner willing to pay crazy money for a uk sunny due to import restrictions in their country, or want a lhd, but i can't see a jap import pulsar fetching anywhere near 8k personally, i'll keep mine in the garage though just incase lol.
Yes I think the same. Lots of much nicer cars with pedegree and a following. Could get a nice Evo from japan for that not a ugly stock pulsar with shit brakes and a previous reputation on been a sub 2k chav thrash around wheelie mobile