power steering cooler pipes?

Davey

i need to change where my cooler pipes are, anyone know what the pipes are made of, are they just steel, and what about the rubber? pipes, are they just rubber, can i use silicon, how corrosive is powr steering fluid,a and would it matter to much if i shorten the pipes a bit?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The pipes are steel. I didn't take to much notice of wethere they are in the feed or return line, if they are in the feed line you need a very high pressure hose, return would be lower pressure, but you might as well go for a good high pressure hose either way that is suitable for a hydraulic oil.
Why do you need to move them? I think some take the pipe off and joing the hoses together, for my front mount I just moved them back a few mm and I think I saw somewhere that someone managed to get them to the other side of the radiator.

Davey

ive kept my air con, otherwise, i wouldnt have needed to move the pies. The original pipes are just secured by a spring clip, so i presume that they are on the low presuure side?
:D

Davey

Mods, dont want to sound like a moaner, but wtf has this been moved to maintenance? Surely, its modifying the car, but isnt tuning, or styling, so general would seem right to me?
Cheers, Dave

skiddusmarkus

Reg Maint seems right to me,General gets clogged up with lots of stuff(hence new cabbage patch forum thingy) and for all posts to get a look in,they have to be sorted to the most appropriate forum.
I moved my cooler to between my fmic and the radiator-it was flexible enough to do so and didn't take long.BTW-moaner :wink: .