Power FC mapping

F

fiecos dan

that does seem abit hi power for boost, still 8) but then again that is at tj rr.

but the only way to prove its 400 horse, is by your terminals over the 1/4.

i and many others have always believed tj, are over the top figures, and wen you take your car thier, and they ask wot power your lookin for, it always makes that power. :?:

deank93

fiecos dan said:
i have always believed tj, are over the top figures, and wen you take your car thier, and they ask wot power your lookin for, it always makes that power. :?:
00sid would agree.

F

fiecos dan

like i sed if your happy, thats wot matters.

400 bhp pulser should be 115-120 mph over the 1/4, and about 11.5-11.8.

i aint dissin risin sun's ability's or knowledge, as i dont know them.

just the rollers, and operater may be :?: as the low boost.

wot can that turbo produce at full boost? and wots mano rated its max boost?

deank93

Funny, i was going to mention the refenence to TJ just so as to be straight on who did the mapping, not that i'm particually concerened.....i was just curious.

i'm glad to hear your happy with the car's map and afterall that was the point of the thread in the first place :D

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Well I know for a fact that Richard @ RSP has had a few calls from R owners off the back of this thread so it can't be that unbelievable can it.

F

fiecos dan

edited as others have done theres, and now wont make sense.

i weren't cusin you or your car,

just the :?: :?: rollin road figure.

if mano sed its a 420 bhp turbo, and rated to 32 psi, like every other gt series turbo they sell, ( i know i have one of mano's turbos)

your cant be 390 horse at at 1.2 bar,

more like 360-370 bhp is more realistic.

nismoboy

fiecos dan said:

more like 360-380 bhp is more realistic.

funny you should say that, i'll map your car if you want, but i wont be able to give you a 'peter pan' bhp figure.
:lol: as above i totaly agree, and im not having a go either im just being realistic, dont take this the wrong way as your car is very impressive and all credit to u for making it what it is. People must understand that r/r operater will just tell u what you want to hear simple as.

deank93

nismoboy said:
fiecos dan said:

funny you should say that, i'll map your car if you want, but i wont be able to give you a 'peter pan' bhp figure.
:lol: as above i totaly agree, and im not having a go either im just being realistic, dont take this the wrong way as your car is very impressive and all credit to u for making it what it is. People must understand that r/r operater will just tell u what you want to hear simple as.

With respect to all involved, does it matter? 360bhp, 380bhp, 400bhp at 1.2bar or 1.??????bar, its all good.

Wheres the love :wink:

F

fiecos dan

like i sed b4,

all that matters is if he's happy with his car, and power.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I just wondered if it was all rolling road figures you have a problem believing or is it just TJ's rollers.

Interestingly enough I have just been reading Turblio's report of getting his car mapped, he went to Engine Advantages who apparently have a reputation for being acurate with there rollers power figures.

He got 365bhp and 364 torque @ 1.2bar with a Unichip, GT28RS, 3" Janspeed front pipe but still only standard maf and injectors.

The GT28RS is around the same size if not a marginally smaller than my modded MD205 S. It'll be interesting to see what his car gets when he upgrades to PFC Pro, 600 inj, Z32 MAF in the not to distant future.

O

Odin

Don't take any notice steve :wink: , You know the people on here could start an argument in an empty room :roll: :roll: .

Just injoy your new baby 8) :twisted: .

rob

R

rising sun performance

Steve, glad your happy with the car :D

just as a note, we do the tuning/mapping on all cars that come into our workshop, we only hire time on the rollers until our own dyno has been built later this year.

regards

Lisa
Rising Sun Performance

F

fiecos dan

there are a few rollers that read high on fly figures, but accurate at wheels.

but then again there's also engine dyno's that read high/low,

but usually its more down to the operater/ tuner that can do it, by makin it run leaner, more boost and more spark just to get the bhp figure, also they can run the car in 3rd, and trick the rollers to read higher

then they will turn it all down to a safe limit, and tell the owner it made so and so bhp as it is now,

it makes the customer very happy, and get a name for gettin good horse power, so they get more business.

steve wot power did yours get at the wheels?

kyepan

deank93 said:
nismoboy said:
fiecos dan said:

With respect to all involved, does it matter? 360bhp, 380bhp, 400bhp at 1.2bar or 1.??????bar, its all good.

Wheres the love :wink:
i agree

C

carpy100

was gonna keep me nose out, but i have heard that rising sun are cool or go oop norf.