Power FC mapping

nismoboy

Least the transfer losses are realistic. People always say to expect 20 % losses on a pulsar but i dissagree most pulsars lose between 28-35% it seems we have the highest tranfer losses.

What gearbox oil are u using? and do u have a lightened flywheel?

F

fiecos dan

most 4wd's will see 27-33 % losses, as sed above.

but i have heard ava rollers, 4wd cars only loss 17%, and the operator says, transmission can not lose 100 bhp, cos it would over heat.

the point is

on rollers, or hub dyno's, bhp is measured at the wheels/hubs
and calculated at fly(guessing game).

on engine dyno's, bhp is measure at fly, but you will also loss about 30 bhp once fitted in car, cos of drag of the alternator,power steerin, and even more if air con turned on. then - transmission loss.

C

Crazy

Steve mate my car on Thors Dyno got 281 at the hubs/wheels 8) @1.2bar and they calculated that out to be 356bhp so does that mean I also have around the same power as you mate :?:

Not doubting your figures, just hoping mine has more than 356bhp :D

Keira

Crazy said:
Steve mate my car on Thors Dyno got 281 at the hubs/wheels 8)
hubs and wheels are 2 different things mate,

im not picking holes just the hub figure cant be related to an at wheels figure, when i first got it and started messing about with it my car made something silly like 206 at the hubs when it was just exhaust, filter and 12psi.

not sure what losses through the tyres are but it all adds up :(

F

fiecos dan

good terminal. 8)

guess if your stripped then 420+ bhp.

but if not stripped, i would say 460 at least.

i think wen i've run my 124mph terminals approx 460 bhp with bout same weight as a normal pulser.

Jobi Joba

fiecos dan said:
good terminal. 8)

guess if your stripped then 420+ bhp.

but if not stripped, i would say 460 at least.

i think wen i've run my 124mph terminals approx 460 bhp with bout same weight as a normal pulser.
car was stripped.
passenger and rear seats,boot carpet,rear trim,spare wheel,jack: OUT.

Oh,and I weigh only 62kg... 8)

Considering I run a HKS GTRS tubby,I think I'm in the 420/430bhp region...

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
What gearbox oil are u using? and do u have a lightened flywheel
I'm using Silkolene Silktran Syn 5 and the flywheel on my OS Giken is standard but the OS Giken assembly is significatly lighter than the standard Nissan assembly to start with.

Before fitting the OS Giken Flywheel and clutch assembly I compared the wieght to my standard lightened flywheel and (HKS cover & plate ) and the OS Giken was definately ligher by a good couple of KG's.

Thor

Hi,

anybody know´s if is near germany who can adjust my power fc?? i have fit into my car:

HKS GT3037S
Tial 38mm External Wastegate
Race manifold
HKS 87mm Piston
Sard 660cc Injectors
HKS 2.0mm Headgasket
HKS 264° Camshafts
Z32 Maf
Head ported and polished with bigger valves
OS Giken Twin plate Clutch

so, or can anyone here help me???

Thx