posting restrictions are daft

G

garetgax

this non posting in the for sale section when your a non member is ridiculous. none of the other forums restrict it like this. Was going to re-post me evo on here as may want a pulsar once she's gone but if the forum is going to be like this makes you think.

i mean a potential buyer wouldnt even be able to say pm sent on an advertised r.

why not restrict the member sections and group buys aetc and open the rest of the site up or give a posting limit to no paying members.

just my 2 penneth.

marcymarc

Chill out mate , there are talks at the minute in the members section about changing the rules on this one because quite a few member/non members feel the ame way as you :wink:

sypher

I have every intention of getting paypal set up to join the full forum ( I made a willy of it ), however It's of my opinion that all members should be allowed to post on sections such as problem solving etc to help forum members, however not be allowed to start a thread untill payed up ( i fall into this category )

of course the above is IMHO

Stu.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
its all being discussed as we speak - as to what restrictions non members have.

on mlr non members have a post limit on ALL sections ie 10 posts per month

it will get better :D

jameswrx2

This would be a good idea!

You will probably sell more memberships too. It will allow people to get a taste for the forum and when they reach their limit you'll find they want to join (especially with tech info)

Dooie Pop Pop

jameswrx2 said:
This would be a good idea!

You will probably sell more memberships too. It will allow people to get a taste for the forum and when they reach their limit you'll find they want to join (especially with tech info)
i reckon that would work tbh if you had a real problem you' d soon cough up when you run out of posts :lol:

antgtir

Learning curve for all the staff i feel so id just be patient and air your views maturely and im sure they will be discussed.

I think the post limit is a good idea, it seems to be working for the mlr forum so something must be right lol.

Or you could just pay the membership, its only like paying for advertisment in the trader and thats only for a week, at least with the forum you get to chat to all us welcoming bunch for the whole year lmao :p :lol: :lol:

Ant.

Hannie

It is under review. things are changing within the club and i hope that we will beable to satisfy 90% of the members/non members we have.

Jamesw

You can never satisfy everyone someone will always have a different point of view! Those who dont pay should not slag off something they dont contribute towards, this is coming from someone who hasnt paid, therefore believes those who contribute something to the site should make the decisions between themselves. :wink:

pete-r

Hannie said:
It is under review. things are changing within the club and i hope that we will beable to satisfy 90% of the members/non members we have.
What about my apology?

topdoggtir

read what i wrote carefully poppy :p

The two clubs will help us get more cars at 10 of the best this year (totb)

not more than 10 cars :roll:

G

garetgax

so any decision been made yet re outside peeps advertising their jap cars on here yet?

If not anyone after any evo4 mines on evonet bargain at just over 7 grand :D