poly bushes and engine mounts

ashills

right fellas i need some help from u
ive been talking to a poly bushes supplier i buy from and he said if i can find out what the interest would be in poly bushes at a reasonable price for the GTiR he would look into making them
them.
2 things i need from u guys is?

whos interested in bushes at sensible money
(for instance the bushes they do for a cossie are only 100 quid for the whole car and are good quality as ive sold quite a few sets now)

so need names for that

and secondly has anyone got the old bushes they took off when they fitted there poly bushes so i could send them to my guy to look at

also has anyone got a set of old enigine mounts that i could send away or buy off u as i maybe able to get these made again at sensible money rather than jap prices

need a new turbo or a hybrid get in touch

P

purplemonster

HI
im interested in bushes ,depends which ones you can get made ?

THANKS

Mr GTiR

i'm interested in the bushes all round.

i also have a full set of engine mounts that i was going to send off to NZ to get them refilled. mail me off line to sort somthing out about the engine mounts andyc@finite.co.uk

Regards
Andy

ashills

right since teh last post i madde i needed to sort teh bushes out so i got a set of superflex all round which can get for around teh 200 mark
but if anyone is still interested in the bushes ill get a set off to another supplier who can make them up at alot better prices

Andy im on the case of the engine mounts should be able to send mine away as ive got some nismo ones but cheers anyway

J

J-GTi-R

If you can do the set for a similar price to the Cossie set I'd be interested.

ashills

they would probably work out a little more than the cossie as there are a few more bushes on teh pulsar but ill see what i can do

S

Sirnixalot

there is always direct from whiteline?

also..i dont have my powers back but this should be in tuning :p

ashills

yeah the reason i wanted to get these made up for every one is that they will be a lot easier to get hold of than whiteline and probably half the price of powerflex as they charge silly money
ive just finished putting all my superflex bushes on now so ill c how they go and get sets made up like them

S

Sirnixalot

ive never had a problem getting ahold of whiteline in australia.....gonna order their control arm brace soon. But hey the more options we have the better :)

G

GTI-R Kid

Roughly how many bushes would be in a full set for the GTI-R?

S

Sirnixalot

12 for the rear trailing arms, 4 for the rear diff subframe, 4 for the sway bars, 4 fro the front control arms and 2 for the steering rack....all together 26bushes....and remember the metal inserts you will need with most of them...the rear trailing arm bushes to be exact

G

GTI-R Kid

Are the original metal inserts not re-usable? Or are they usually battered after removal? :oops:

S

Sirnixalot

the origional metal inserts are kinda epoxied or just plain stuck to the origional rubber....you would have to sit there and shave the rubber off of the metal insert and that would ad HOURS to the installation time....it would be easier to just get inserts mad...its only a tube of high grade steel....surely you guys have that up there?

G

GTI-R Kid

I understand now - thanks Nikko. :)

And yeah i'm sure i could find somewhere that supplies them or could make them. :wink:

P

pschurr

As for Engine Mounts, check out these... they are simply filled with molten urethane and dried.

http://gtiroz.onthenet.com.au/gallery/album109
http://gtiroz.onthenet.com.au/gallery/album93

I fitted a set 2 weeks ago. They are bloody stiff... basically at idle the entire idle vibration comes through the car, although other folks here say their install did not create as much effect as I describe mine.

But they do stiffen up the engine, and torque delivery through medium and tight corners when at the extreme of road adhesion is clearly improved. The first dry night I went out, I kept oversteering thru the exit of hard corners.

peter

Jon Olds

Urgent

Anybody know where I can get steering rack only mounts from. I need them urgently and the SuperFlex ones dont fit.

Nad

Allen does them, they are Superflex but the first batch was the wrong design. The new ones fit now.

Nad