Plenum/fuel rail cover

A

AJ4

I think I prefer cold air from the vent blowing over the plenum to help cool the intake charge ;) :D

A

AJ4

looks like heat from the back of the engine will just collect under that shield. Looks nice for show cars though or people who clean their engine bay :D

Mr GTiR

Only you lot could turn this thread into filth.....well done :thumbsup:

I know it's an old pic but you get the idea (sorry for not converting to a thumbnail but i don't know how to :oops: )

CruiseGTi-R

does it stay clean after a rally :-D ?

any of you could make one of those plates you know, it is eerm, just a plate with a few folds in it :-D .

nice looking engine bay - I've been thinking of doing something similar in a flat polish finish, kinda a billet type look. Basically polish everything, then **** it all up with wire wool :-D

Dooie Pop Pop

AJ4 said:
I think I prefer cold air from the vent blowing over the plenum to help cool the intake charge ;) :D
at last!!! someone that actually thinks about stuff:roll: :-D

dont be a nerd and limit the cooling capacity of your setup, you' ll pay in the end ffs:doh:

andy: you could just use a link...i dont know how to post a thumbnail either lol

Dooie Pop Pop

CruiseGTi-R said:
Best would be one with a funnel from the centre vent to feed directly onto the plenum.

(goes off to make one...)
nope:-D best is not to have one altogether! looking at it covering the plenum in any way will effect your charge temp so if i were you id buy one of those new fancy gaskets which reduce heat exchange between the head and plenum and bugger the bling bling cover;-)

A

AJ4

lol @ dooie on his soapbox :D Not everyone is a power hungry slut like yourself, leave them alone ;) :lol: