please explain.

davey red.r

the black r on ebay,
with the exhaust carryon on the back,
its got an offer of 4k on it,
if you are on here which i think you are, as i remember it trying to be sold on here a few weeks back,
id just like to know how you managed to get this est 380bhp:shock:
on what looks to be a standard afm:-o
and a £2000 exhaust:shock: im getting a custom 3in turbo back for £490 brilliant quality too,
and a £500 induction:shock: sonic is the dearest ive seen coming in at 180ish,
and whats the turbo youve got to get that a hybrid would be very maxed out at that suppose if you had a 3071 on that would be mentioned as its a good selling point for ppl after a modded r,

just curious:?

the cat;-)

gtir_pimp

the person that sold the car to the seller may of told the seller all this. wonder what the reserve is as its at 4k now and reserve isnt met! but definately sounds OTT

davey red.r

thing is rob, some one believes him:shock: :doh: and put an offer on it:lol:
2k for an exhaust have you seen it:oops:

gtirjoey

i remember a black r pulled 380bhp on standard afm at engine advantages. dont think that this is the car although mine pulled 340bhp there and only 290 on a dyno dynamics so this probably where the strange figures come from!
and as for a 2000 exhaust i do know someone who paid 1500 for a stainless system on a saxo... so there are people charging these stupid prices.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I think the dearest exhaust for the R' has to be the Janspeed one, I tried to forget how much I paid for that.................

£700 odd wasn't it Rob ?

Fire & skill

Vintage member
ah! its a departure system, my old R had one of these fitted when it arrived from Japan, I did a bit of research and found that IF i wanted to import one of these systems, including all brackets, import tax and shipping it would be just over a grand, something like £1050

Fire & skill

Vintage member
Odin said:
Still a long way short of £2000 then :doh: .

Rob

OH YES!

the guy is obviously a dreamer.
and BTW its near impossible to get a new departure system, blueflame made copies of it. so its almost 99% guaranteed that exhaust came with the car

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Fire & skill said:
ah! its a departure system, my old R had one of these fitted when it arrived from Japan, I did a bit of research and found that IF i wanted to import one of these systems, including all brackets, import tax and shipping it would be just over a grand, something like £1050
I bought a departure system for my R for £160 (but I haven't put it on yet) - I didn't realise it was so valuable! I'll have to remember that it's a £2000 exhaust!
Now you've got me worried that I won't have all the bits for it - came out of another R so I figure it'll go straight into mine.

I'm sorry, but is this ad in English? Could someone translate it for me?

davey red.r

Fire & skill said:
biggest waste of money ive seen,:doh: you could have a 3071 for that:)

davey red.r

anyway forget the exhaust lads for a minuete,
the standard afm is the star here 380bhp,:shock: 8)
id give him £300 all day long for that:lol:

davey

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
The setup doesn't look that different from mine.
Standard AFM, departure system (although mine's not on yet), rust on the wheel arch (that adds 30BHP surely), HKS EVC with a button to give me over-boost (surely that's dangerous!), FMIC, and a K&N air filter. - Overall pretty simple stuff.

I didn't realise I was making that much power - I thought it was sub 300; just shows you eh?

gunmetalgtir

Odin said:
Well it's a good job their are mugs out there like you mate :shock: , Otherwise where else would we off load our old tat :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob
:lol:

I got it for cheap so I'm not complaining! :lol:

rams_pulsar

well at least it looks nice...............oh no thats right it doesn't! that shiney oil cap and strut brace are known to add a good 20-30 'BRAKE' so i'm told and i luuuuuuuuv that exhaust its so sly and understated! :der: :der: