Performance Suspension

Goose_Oki

I've got bc's 5k/4k and really like them. Adjusted to 0%, ie. Soft enough for daily driving and then for the 1 or 2 track days per year I wind up the dampers to about 70% and I feel the the handling feels great.
I had teins once which were 8k/7k. Daily driving was horrific, the rain terrifying, and around a dry track was great.
GABs I had were lowered too much and soft, good daily but on track I didn't feel great but I never had geometry set up on them...
Ride height makes a lot of difference too. Tein recommended 34cm hub centre to arch front 35 rear, but before I found that out I was at 31cm where it was even worse. GABs were 32ish.
BC don't say so I've set them to 34/35 like the teins... So far so good.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Was that factory BC spring rate? I saw the Swift upgrade for a 6/6 combo or even 6:5 combo. I feel like I need a smidge more spring rate than 5/4k

mreguest

They don't have factory spring rate as such. They list 4 common rates on their website.
I picked the lowest because I drive it every day. It is still firm ride.
6/4 is probably where it's at for a more track focused car, maybe 6/5 too.
8/6 I suspect is track only like the teins I used to have.
Corby motorsport will do £650 they said on Facebook a while ago, their message was posted on one of the gtir Facebook pages saying phone up and quote this advert for great discount.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Goose_Oki

I drive mine every day but believe in a firm enough setup. With proper bracing and swaybars I should get a better turn in. I'll look into that but I live in Okinawa so shipping tends to bite me unless they can ship to APO. Thanks!

Goose_Oki

Looks like a 5/5 or 6/5 setup is gonna be what my shop recommends. Owner used to race GTiRs, seems to think that's ideal.