pedal boxs

Trip

I have looked into this myself and although my wiring loom was re-done by me keeping it to a minimum (removed a good 20kg of wiring) , i am not sure what is the correlation between wiring and brakes.

I have also looked in the master cylinder/ brake servo , but time was running out and ditched the idea and went for a different route.

My idea was to keep the OE pedal box, ditching the servo and OE master cylinder and going for a dual M/C setup. If you do a search you can find my thread with pics of the development.

williams

Wiring has nothing to do with the brakes mate, was just sayong as part of me wanting to get rid of un needed wiring I want to get rid of servo and mc's from engine bay. I will have a search, cheers.

Trip

Wiring has nothing to do with the brakes mate, was just sayong as part of me wanting to get rid of un needed wiring I want to get rid of servo and mc's from engine bay. I will have a search, cheers.
Why do you want to place the M/C's in the cockpit ? to get a complete pedal box inside (as shown above), you need to move it towards the driver seat (for clearance)which makes the footwell crammed. I already had problems to reach out for the gearstick, let alone placing the seat further backwards to accomodate a pedal box.
If you want to move the gearstick backwards, i do have some basic designs which are adopted from Lotus seven type cars.

Last edited:

williams

i had looked at your thread and realise your method is probably the best way to go, thats the reason i started the thread as i wasnt sure how well a complete internal pedal box would fit.
it appears to be alot easier to so it with the pedal box on the engine side of the bulk head.