Passenger side window

P

Pulsar Chick

Is it just me or do lots of R's have problems with there passenger side window not opening i know a ocuple of people with the same problem

Moved to Problem solving - FAST GUY

G

GTiRich

Yeah i got that too. Luckily i got a spare control panel so i just gotta swap it over. Yay :D

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It might be down to the stiffness of operation :shock: I have manual windows and the passenger side one is very stiff. In fact thelast time the wife used it, something went CRACK!!!, but I haven't checked it out yet. When I checked it before, I put it down to a mixture of a worn mechanism (alot of play in it) allowing the window to tilt slightly when trying to go up and so forcing against the rubber seal and straining to go up.

J

Jonny H

I also have the same problem with mine! It goes for ALL sunny's i think. My 1.4 N14 has a dodgy passenger window too! :cry:

hmmm

If the window is tilting and going up slowly as it is rubbing...then you could try and use some silicon spray. My windows were stiff at first but a working fine now because of the spray.

Spray it in to where the windows run along.

L

Little Miss Road Rage

The meras the same but the silicone spray works and lasts a while. Haven't had any probs with R yet.