par or quaife??

J

jord369!

i am close to purchasing a par gear kit and wanted to know your opinions on the above kits?? im running around 420-450 bhp thanks chaps :lol:

O

Odin

I can't comment on the Par gear set I only know what's been said on here and most of it has been bad :cry: , I've had a Quaife fitted for over 4 years now with no problems to report so far 8) , But I've been told many times by the gearbox man that you have to treat a gearbox in a high powered car as a service item :idea: .

Which means you will need to get it rebuilt with new bearings and stuff every 30-40k :wink: .

Rob

J

jord369!

ok thanks for the tip off!! :shock: i just want to know the money im gonna spend will be worth while

pete-r

I looked at them all and have decided on quaiffe for ease eventually.I dont thimk you will find a major difference between them all but quaiffe seems to be more readily available.

Jamesw

I remember when Par first came on the scene in this country chatting to a certain chap who had bought one and the machining of the gear kit was bad, I dont know wether they have improved or not, they may well have but the first batch was bad!