original gearbox how much hp??

Thor

hi,

how much hp hold the original gearbox arround? so i believe mine is broken in 3rd gear. it makes very loud noise when i put the rear gear into... anybody knows if it is clutch or gearbox?

thx
Sascha

Simmo

Mines running well over 400 without any problems so far; I dont launch the car though, and Im saving for a custom PPG because it probably wont stay that way.

Fazz

Steve Pudney's blew with him running over 400bhp.

JimmyBack is about to run the 400+ mark wiht one with all fingers/toes and eyes crossed :)

From research, depends on if its looked after but can cope with 350bhp easy and similar torque.

Seems the 400 is just too much for it especially if launching. #

Simmo being the exception it seems. you drive like a girl simmo? or jus a good strong box? :) :) :)

Thor

mine was at 1.9 bar with the GT3037s broken. so in moment i don´t know if it is the os giken bearing or the gearbox????

Fazz

well 1.9bar and 3037s = more than 450bhp and prob 400 lb/ft of torque at least.

So it would appear the gearbox is giving way in some form.

Quaiffe sir? holinger maybe?

Or shot peen and try again!

Thor

Fazz said:
well 1.9bar and 3037s = more than 450bhp and prob 400 lb/ft of torque at least.

So it would appear the gearbox is giving way in some form.

Quaiffe sir? holinger maybe?

Or shot peen and try again!

yes i believe it too... i will have the PAR box. i have heard that will work nice and hold arround 650bhp. the clutch i have is os giken twin plate and it is possible, that the bearing is broken too.. i can change the gears but the noise from gearbox comes only if i push the clutch and when i drive...

rayman75

from what i have herd most of the gearboxs that have gone have been with the OS giken clutch, dunno if its just coinsedence.

ashills

os giken is best clutch to cope with 400+ but the gearbox casing is the weakness
i ran 400+ for a year did 45+ full bore launches at the pod and did a best of 12.1 and was with standard box that was rebuilt by abbey motorsport (new first and second) but i used a helix organic and that used to slip if mega stressed so box never really got to abused