oil pressure

LOU ROB

GTIR1000 said:
sorry mean to say i hope it isnt
Fast Guy and myself have told you to cover the easy options first which is oil pressure sender unit.Take your car into a respectable garage, plug in a mechanical pressure gauge, and that will tell you whats going on :wink:
A quick lesson for you, if the fault is intermitent, it usually means electrical, if the fault is constant start to save your money :wink: :(

O

Olly

Sounds like the Oil temp/pressure sender unit mine did this, 3.5 bar @70 mph pull in off motorway fill up back out same temp same engine speed 4 bar :? fitted a new sender now got 4.5 bar so theres a good example of inconsistant readings chap. 8)

GTIR1000

cheers mate it seems to have sorted its self out. i did a comp test today aswell three cylinders at 140 and one at 145 is this a bit low

daz

firstly why would a piston ring have anything to do with oil pressurem, all your piston rings do is keep the oil out the cylinder. Its your bottom end and obviously your oil pump that generate the pressure. secondly its prob just the sender unit had it on mine b4 i went for the defis 8) would tick over at 2 turn the car off fill up turn it back on and it wouldnt even register 1 that made my mind up that the sender had to go for something more accurate. ok so dont panic and no your compressions are ok well within the safe range