oil accumulators

Keira

http://www.thinkauto.com/accumulators.htm

im thinking remote mounted filter, with sandwich plate for the cooler then get the block tapped for the accumulator....just an idea at the mo, no real thought has gone into it yet (pretty much like my whole rebuild :wink: ) just sat here bored at work :roll:

discuss 8)

zia

a... does not effect us!

b... minimal wear you,ll never notice the difference.

c... the pressure relief valve dampen's most fluctuation in oil pressure.

d.. where are you supposed to mount it in an already crowded bay?

zia

Keira

wont be bothering to investigate further then :lol:

but i would've fit it in the passenger footwell :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Although that one doesn't seem to mention it, the only use I saw for them before was for them to operate a slow release of oil when the engine was turned off, this would keep supplying the turbo with oil for abit after shut down. A good idea if the turbo was still spinning and hot.

MarkTurbo

I've thought about a remote filter before (as i can get all the bits cheap from work 8) to make filter changes easier :roll: :lol:

I thought about mounting it somewhere in the drivers side wing and just having a sandwich plate and blanking plate coming off the original location then up to the filter head in the wing, with another sandwich coming off this for the oil cooler.

Dont know if i can be bothered to do it though :lol:

Dooie Pop Pop

MarkTurbo said:
I've thought about a remote filter before (as i can get all the bits cheap from work 8) to make filter changes easier :roll: :lol:

I thought about mounting it somewhere in the drivers side wing and just having a sandwich plate and blanking plate coming off the original location then up to the filter head in the wing, with another sandwich coming off this for the oil cooler.

Dont know if i can be bothered to do it though :lol:
someone on here' s had that done iirc

Keira

if you knew what you were talking about :wink: you'd realise that fastguys link has absolutely nothing to do with my original post or relocating an oil filter but is about the location of an oil cooler :roll:

muppet :p

Keira

pictures weren't working, seem abit tempermental, some are working now 8)

as for the oil flow rate i wouldn't have a f o o k ing clue without referring to the manual :wink: