Ohlins dampers, what do you think, pics inside

J

jiw

Hi all, i won these on ebay for £220 plus p+p, they arrived yesterday in tip top condition, heres some pic's:

to say the shaft's are big would be an understatement :shock:

D

dpmc21

my car came over from Japan with Ohlins on it. I'm certain that they are the same as what you have in your picture. They seem spot on for the car.

Dom

my car also came from Japan with Ohlins on it. It's been off the road for the last month because the front near side blew out :(

I'll be selling them soon if you want some spares... :D The other 3 are fine!

J

jiw

i'll have to check, they do seem really light compared to what i expected.

they have adjusters on the bottom of the strut

how much are we talking for the other three mate, surely they'll be cheap :wink: jeff.

G

gagge

Öhlins guys.. not Ohlins ;)

Nice dampers mate, öhlins are really good when it comes to shock absorbers...

A

Anonymous

GINGA said:
Are you sure about that i'm sure others would disagree :lol:
be nice now :wink: that's what they call the dots above the o :lol:

jiw said:
how much are we talking for the other three mate, surely they'll be cheap :wink: jeff.
Yer, they'll be cheap. PM me an offer. They'll be ready post by next weekend if you're interested in 'em.

skiddusmarkus

I looked into that type before and found most were made under licence in Japan and did a bit of searching on them.This is what I found:

Hi Simon,

The dampers you refer to in your email are built under licence from Ohlins by a company called Soki in Japan, they are the same type of damper as the Ohlins Road and Track series. You will not find your application on the Ohlins web site as Soki will not supply to Europe.

The price to rebuild them is £125+VAT per unit.

I hope this helps,

Best Regards

Mike Gardner

I was told that they are not of the same quality as the original Ohlins but better than stock.