oh dear!!!

zxczxc

managed to fix the misfire today by putting the walbro255 on and new plugs (grade 8)

anyway silly me forgot to plug that little hose back into the side of the interooler not relising it would cause me to run unlimited boost

was driving for 2 mins taking it steady checking for misfires etc when i finally decided to give it some!

must have boosted to over 1 bar and hit kinda hit a brick wall and a big pop from exhaust???

at this point i didnt know it was the hose so i carried on thinking the plugs made a differance to performance

god know what it was running as i havent got a boost gauge fitted yet but it was off the standard gauge scale

after getting home and that noise on full throttle still worrying me i investigated and the car seems ok

put the hose back on and drove it again and it boosted to normal just feels like it has a bit of a top end misfire to it now.

whether thats because i have just experienced about 1.5 bar and now standard feels slow i dunno..

i just hopw i havent done any serious damage which would be a shame as ive just got all the bits coming today and tomorrow to have it running at a safe 1 bar of boost

some reassurnace please guys

thanks

zxczxc

no!!! are you serious

it drives ok now i think?

just been out in it and it boosts fine etc

its back as standard now could i have got away with it?

i hoping someone was gonna say it'll be alright :(

bugger...

OZ-Racing

I've read posts on here by people who have been running unlimited boost on a fresh import for months without realising it, thinking 'damn, this standard R is fast!', then either somebody points out that a hose is disconnected or it goes bang.

So, unless you were giving it some serious stick, the cars had a hard life or you're very unlucky, I think/hope you will have got away with it. At least you have the Walbro, so there should have been plenty of fuel on tap ;-)
If you were detting badly surely the det sensor would have thrown you into 'limp home mode' and you would have had to reset the ecu :?

Hope it's ok :thumbsup:

zxczxc

excellent news phew

i was getting real worried there, im scared to even turn it on at minute incase i cause more damage lol

hopefully be ok tomorrow then im definatly gonna fit that boost gauge tomorrow so i know what boost im running cause at the minute its all guesswork

thanks mate

gtir bean

my car was like this when i got it and 30k miles later its still going strong.the guy had the actuator connected to the dump valve!i never knew any better at the time.

zxczxc

well just driven it when i got back from nightshift and it drove very well.... standard boost this time too :p

hopefully ive not damaged it completely

still seems to have a slight misfire top end of 5k revs onwards

boost leak maybe?

it has uprated leads on other thing would be dizzy cap and rotar arm but they look pretty new on it already

tomble

It might be the air flow meter, or even the fuel filter.

I had a huge problem with hesitation etc and in the end it turned out it was the fuel filter.

Tom