not sure what to do ???

Marty-Gtir

hi guys...... just checked my fault code again last night to be on the safe side, came back with a 34 - the det sensor.....:doh: , so i obviously need a new one. Not sure wether to get a second hand one or buy brand new ???

I also heard that they are a bugger to fit yourself ?, where could i get someone to fit it for me and how much ????

Anyone who has had this problem, any info would be muchly appriciated

Cheers....

youngsyp

You need to do a search bud. This is a very common problem and has been covered in many threads recently. At least on of which, will give you details of where to get the DET sensore for a very reasonable price.

Just to add, I'd never buy one of these used. For the amount a new one costs and the aggro it takes to change, just get a new one. Do a job right, do it once. ;-)

Paul

antgtir

youngsyp said:
You need to do a search bud. This is a very common problem and has been covered in many threads recently. At least on of which, will give you details of where to get the DET sensore for a very reasonable price.

Just to add, I'd never buy one of these used. For the amount a new one costs and the aggro it takes to change, just get a new one. Do a job right, do it once. ;-)

Paul
I agree totally, new one all the way, second hand on these (consumables it seems) is only going to lead you into doing the job twice.

They are a pain in the **** to fit, not technically difficult just awkward :roll:

Do a search and you will probably find at least half the owners have had one lol:lol:

Ant.

Marty-Gtir

antgtir said:
I agree totally, new one all the way, second hand on these (consumables it seems) is only going to lead you into doing the job twice.

They are a pain in the **** to fit, not technically difficult just awkward :roll:

Do a search and you will probably find at least half the owners have had one lol:lol:

Ant.
Cheers fellas, ive just been to my local nissan garage and they want 216 quid for it non fitted..... :shock: .... and then could'nt give me a price on fitting because said it could take them hours ????......JOKERS

Ive given Mike a ring from the other thread where you gave somone his number, he says he can get one for bout 170 quid... he was a nice guy...

Just been on ebay and theres one on there for $65 which is much cheaper, is it the right one though ???? .. the part numbers match 22060-30P00....

Heres the item number --- 370020916561

Gonna (try) fit it myself :?

if you could reply soon would be a massive help........

Thanks very much pal....

youngsyp

Marty-Gtir said:
Just been on ebay and theres one on there for $65 which is much cheaper, is it the right one though ???? .. the part numbers match 22060-30P00....
Thanks very much pal....
That's the right one bud, and who I'll be buying my one from too. ;-)
If you don't fancy eBay, give 'vss irvine' a PM. He can get them for around £70. DONT pay any more than that !

Paul

Marty-Gtir

youngsyp said:
That's the right one bud, and who I'll be buying my one from too. ;-)
If you don't fancy eBay, give 'vss irvine' a PM. He can get them for around £70. DONT pay any more than that !

Paul
Top fella, thanks very much mate, gonna get mine from there i think, only works out to about 35-40 quid inc post

cheers matey.....

youngsyp

Marty-Gtir said:
Top fella, thanks very much mate, gonna get mine from there i think, only works out to about 35-40 quid inc post

cheers matey.....
Let me know how you get on with it bud. ;-)

Paul

Marty-Gtir

youngsyp said:
Let me know how you get on with it bud. ;-)

Paul
Will do buddy just bought it now, 38 quid it cost me .... should be hear by Friday hopefully, fingers crossed, wil let you know when i fit it hopefully itll all be gravy !! ;-)

Marty-Gtir

I dont feckin believe this.....:doh: i just got home and thought id check the code again because of 'obsessin about the det fault' and the bast@rd flashed a 55, no fault at all.......

And ive just bought a new det sensor,:doh: so may have one goin for sale in the next couple of weeks, gonna hang onto it for a lil bit tho scene as my car cant make up its mind whether or not its got a problem !!!!

Would it be advisable to fit the new one anyway, so i know that its new and working right ?

P

pulsarboby

get your hands in there and wiggle the cable about, check for any frayed wires and loose connection to the sensor, spray the connector and plug with some white grease or wd40.
also make sure the little lockpin on connector is still attached!

Braveheart

Marty-Gtir said:
I dont feckin believe this.....:doh: i just got home and thought id check the code again because of 'obsessin about the det fault' and the bast@rd flashed a 55, no fault at all.......
Mine did the same... I could reset ECU and it would clear down for a while then come back. I checked the wiring and plug. It was when I drove the car with vigor it raised it's ugly head again.
When I did change my sensor the car ran great!
Just change the bugger.... lol

youngsyp

Marty-Gtir said:
so may have one goin for sale in the next couple of weeks
If you do want to sell it bud, I'm your man.

As Scott has said though, give it a week or so and re-check the code. It may come back. Having said that though, it may not too.

Paul