Nistune Vs Apexi Power FC.??

KieranEG6

Right guys I'm looking to get the R mapped. So far these 2 seam like best options. From people's experience what are the pros and cons between the 2. I am a aware FC is more expensive. But no one on island has ever mapped on nistune where as there are 2 that can map FC, not that it's massive difference.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Jim can probably answer this best since he's mapped both (although obviously there are other people like Fusion Ed who can answer).

I think it's partially to do with the map resolution; the PFC give you more "steps" so you can define the fueling and ignition curves with more detail. Nistune is limited by the resolution that Nissan originally used. - I'm sure there's more than that, and I'm happy to be corrected if I've got it wrong.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
When we're over next week I'll show you on my laptop how the Nistune works...give you an idea and possibly Jim can offer his experience on using both programmes

KieranEG6

Now thats a spanner in the works :? .....

I know its not exactly straight cut basic stuff but can you be a little more elaborate to why the Nistune is a superior option??

I have been under the impression the Nistune was just a piggy back over stock ecu maps of sorts. Where the PFC was to have more of a broader ability and finer tune.

....I was almost set on a Power FC. I do like the cool hand commander thing lol

KieranEG6

Should have google's this stuff a little more. Before making a thread I know lol. Just thought could get a fresh view from you guys.

Currently have have dossen pages of threads with same title from rest of Nis forums haha

shroom

Are they reputable tuners? if so its probably better to Just get a power FC at least your not having to travel over to the UK.

Fusion Ed

Ultimately as shroom says its down to the tuner. But PFC has probably 1/3 of the options available compared to nistune. PFC basically doesnt have anything in the way of refinement. Will it actually matter to you? Probably not.

But things like idle speed Vs temp and idle timing are things you do not have access to on the PFC (or its approach is more basic)

A little bit more here:

Fusion Motorsport - Nistune

Nistune is NOT a piggy back computer. It takes FULL control of the OEM ecu.

shroom

Yes in simple terms a piggyback just fools the ecu into thinking ot needs more fuel were as your nistine allows you to fully control it.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Is there a difference in map resolution, or did I get that confused with something else?

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I personally prefer the PFC to NIstune but what's important is the person mapping it. Nothing wrong with either as both can work.

Nistune is 16x16 map and doesn't have knock sensor integration which is the biggest difference for me.

For the PFC you need the datalogit software to get the most out of it, the commander gives you limited access and is near impossible to map a car with. Datalogit has far more features and like Nistune has its own support community. For example you can integrate a knock warning threshold into your dashboard. Boost controller integration to ease mapping and ignition cut on an overboost. Commander can give you a valet mode without having to mess around with laptops.

Its academic for either system if the person doing the mapping hasn't seen the system before. You'll get the best results from the system they get the best results using. Check out what software the local tuners use for the PFC. If it's just the commander I'd be nervous about what they are offering.

Fusion Ed

What do you mean by knock sensor integration? The PFC cannot do anything with knock other than flash a light?

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
The Nistune version I've seen only reports a digital output rather than an analogue level. Please let me know if there is a feature or trick to doing it.