Nissan????

GTIR1000

Was just wondering since the R was released in the 90's what attempt have nissan made to release a hot hatch. I know we have the skylines and the z cars but they are not hot hatches well i dont think anyway. I know the emission things and petrol prices and things may be to blame but ford and others still bring out their hot hatches just wondered if nissan anytime soon would think about bringing one out.

Jamie

johnsy

hmm GTR R35 i think the rest of the range will be towards more economical and cheaper to own cars (tax/insurance)

i can see fuel going up to as much as 1.80 -2 quid a litre in say the next 5-8 years, forcing older cars off the road

johnsy

look at whats happened to honda........No more type r,(emissions)

as far as hot hatches go, it'll probably be the 4x4 190bhp juke,

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Seeing as they are majority owned by Renault, I'd suggest they haven't bothered because it would compete with the Clio.

The Skyline etc do not compete with anything in the Renault line-up, and they specifically wanted something to compete with Porsche.

GTIR1000

yeh i see what you mean about the renault thing was just a thought why earlier on they did not try something i know they tried the almera gti but that was bit pants lol

lakeview

actually it wasnt it was a much better gti than most other gti's around at the time.motoring journalists in europe seemed to be against anything japanese anyway so that wouldnt inspire them to make one,especially as europe would be there biggest sales area

rob

Georges Dad

look at whats happened to honda........No more type r,(emissions)

as far as hot hatches go, it'll probably be the 4x4 190bhp juke,
Dont Honda do a 1.6 turbo now tho?

Unfortunately I don't think we'll see the days of pulsars etc again, even the new clio is a big family car by 90's hatch standards

red reading

even the new clio is a big family car by 90's hatch standards ,

Thats exactley why hot hatches won't exist again....................i mean ford focus 1600kg from the factory!! hot hatch my arse!! and all the other hot hatches are the same they try to increase the power but it does'nt work, my misses had a new astra (fookin horible) and i parked that next to the sunny and it dwarfed it.

nuff said

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yes. I saw the documentary about the new GTR and the development was driven solely by the new CEO/Chairman/whatever he's called from Renault.

I'd guess this bit...
Cross-Company Teams (CCT) explore potential synergies in product design and launch, research and engineering, manufacturing and purchasing, and draw up joint projects and monitor their implementation.
...also means "not competing with each other's product lines" and that Nissan will make Renault's hot hatches in their factories (and still put a Renault badge on them).

chopper

Its a massive shame where the car world is going. years ago an "avarage joe" could get a hot hatch. now you can going buy a new performance car if you 50k+ to spend on one. it seems to me that it is all being done for the "greener" cars and to try to get the car market going again. What people are failing to realise is by me keeping my R or any older hot hatch or any car and doing 2000 miles a year is "greener" than scrapping it, it being melted down. then buying a new car and doing the same or more milage. think how many emmisions at releasted to melt down and build a car?? whats "green" about that????
so really by me keeping an old car is greener, keeps people in a job for repairs and MOT's etc.
or i could buy a new car which would cost me more each year after getting it on finance, as it shouldnt break down for 3 years not giving people work for repairs or MOT's.

I say stop buying the crap new cars they have on the market today!! i struggle to find a newish car i like under 50k

Perrin21

Its a massive shame where the car world is going. years ago an "avarage joe" could get a hot hatch. now you can going buy a new performance car if you 50k+ to spend on one. it seems to me that it is all being done for the "greener" cars and to try to get the car market going again. What people are failing to realise is by me keeping my R or any older hot hatch or any car and doing 2000 miles a year is "greener" than scrapping it, it being melted down. then buying a new car and doing the same or more milage. think how many emmisions at releasted to melt down and build a car?? whats "green" about that????
so really by me keeping an old car is greener, keeps people in a job for repairs and MOT's etc.
or i could buy a new car which would cost me more each year after getting it on finance, as it shouldnt break down for 3 years not giving people work for repairs or MOT's.

I say stop buying the crap new cars they have on the market today!! i struggle to find a newish car i like under 50k
Id agree 100% if i wasnt a car salesman lol. Times are hard enough already.