New Seats Finally Fitted + "P" Fitted

SickBoy

Hi guys

Finally got my Corbeau Carreras fitted took 14 man hours and was a bloody nightmare :? also fitted my "P" to the grill

Never again :lol: :lol:

Lee

JIMMYBACK

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: wot fitting a "P" badge :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: what were the problems then.dont tell em you used cobra sub frames :shock:

SickBoy

No m8 had to use half of the orriginal runners half of the new subframes then build it all ....the problem was getting them low enough :cry:

The "P" took 40 seconds out of the 14 hours :lol: :lol:

Im now available for "P" fitting reasonable rate

Lee 8)

JIMMYBACK

yer most aftermarket seat do tend to sit really high up with in turn causes you legs to rub on the steering wheel :shock: :? .or just buy cobra sub frames and these dont fit all :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

S

smcnairn

Ive got a set of corbeau Targas sitting in my garage im dreading trying to fit them i was thinkin of using standard subframes. Seeing yours looks good might give me some motivation for mine. Or can i really be bothered with the hassel??? :lol: :lol:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
They look great Lee, well worth the effort.

On another note, has anybody ever tried to make the standard seats any more suportive and more comfortable ?

JIMMYBACK

stevepudney said:

On another note, has anybody ever tried to make the standard seats any more suportive and more comfortable ?
what by making the boosters bigger 8)

antgtir

JIMMYBACK said:
yer most aftermarket seat do tend to sit really high up with in turn causes you legs to rub on the steering wheel :shock: :? .or just buy cobra sub frames and these dont fit all :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I concur, mine where an absolute twat to fit, ill make my own next time :evil: live and learn i suppose. :roll: :lol:

Ant.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
JIMMYBACK said:
stevepudney said:

what by making the boosters bigger 8)
Something like that, I just wonder what it would cost to get the standard seats re-upholstered (in as close as poss standard fabric and colours) and the side supports just made a little more substancial to give more support.

If it could be done at least they would be straight forward to refit.

CruiseGTi-R

Steve, I've done something similar, well, sort of. I stripped my seat covers off and re-packed them with stuffing from a duvet :D .

I was trying to restore the seat bolsters a bit cos they had flattened out over the years.

A lot more supportive, but to be fair, no where near as cool looking as Lee's interior now, they looking fucking cool.

SickBoy

You dont have to as they were refitted with the original seat belt clips

But i will have 4 point harnesses fitted very shortly

Had a 200 plus mile drive today and i must say they are very comphy and supportive

Lee

SickBoy

:lol: :lol: M8 its bloody filthy with grey dust im gutted :cry:

To dark now to clean it so its got to sit there all week dirty

Sad days :wink:

Lee

paz

They look 8) as pal, although I reckon they'd look even better in the orange car ;)

Paz

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
You'd have to fit them first Paz :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you worked out how to get your seat covers off? :wink:

paz

campbellju said:
You'd have to fit them first Paz :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you worked out how to get your seat covers off? :wink:
:lol: I've not looked at it yet if I'm honest pal, but the cars getting a service when it comes out of hibernation - BY ME :shock: :lol: so I'll do it at the same time ;)

A few of my mates have agreed to stand around and watch me to make sure I don't break anything :lol:

Paz