New/More Upgrades

nickg123

Thanks to the main man Mike (Ex-GTiR) my car is now running absolutely spot on.

New KYB Suspension fitted, jesus christ it goes around corners now..... possibly a bit of a hard ride for some but can be adjusted anyway - looks loads better being lower too!

Walbro fuel pump fitted - not a job i would have liked to do myself but Mike made it look rather easy as usual, even though petrol into cuts in your hand is rather painful, he still didn't mess about ;-)

Mikes special boost mod - my dawes device is now redundant after mike fitted a neat little switch to the coin holder, and an extra boost solenoid so i now have .7 bar switchable to .9 bar boost - very very clever idea this - i seriously recommend anyone to do it if you want something that runs a perfect .9 bar without spiking, it even seems to come in instantly - whereas my Dawes device was slow to respond it felt - probably due to the spring being too tight???

Last but not least a Turbo boost gauge mounted in the car......

All running spot on - and i just wanted to say a MASSIVE thanks to Mike, as usual he worked his ass off for not a lot of money, and got everything done in lightning speed before it was too dark! Can't say thanks enough!

Not sure i should sell it now..........

S

Sunny Nutter

does Mike fancy a weekend over in Ireland?
I have a few jobs he could do....and I am sure a few of the lads had too! :lol:
:lol:

nickg123

I feel sorry for you guys - there's nothing worse then not having anyone you can trust to work on the car!

Would it be too expensive to come over for a weekend??

ex-gtir

hi nick cheers for the kind word have really surprised myself with the boost mod find it spools up a hell of a lot faster then avcr (not after a quick boost set) and dawes devices
just after you left my workshop dropped the flipping gearbox on my hand lovely cut between knuckles :cry: looks like ive been fighting :roll:
if you guy in ireland want me to come over im sure if you find me loads of work i can spend a while over there :wink:
mike

J

J-GTi-R

Yeah I have to admit my boost mod spools up so bloody quickly, it really is a good idea!

bengilmore

mmmm.....not th :wink: ats an idea. We'll have to try and see if anyone else wants work and then we'll know how much work there is

gtiroz

Administrator
Staff member
mike - i did a search but can't find anything specific - any chance we can get a description/diagram/etc of how this fantastic-sounding boost mod works?

i have a fairly rare boost mod on my R (rare enough not to have heard of anyone else having it)
a second restrictor (smaller) has been placed inside the existing factory restrictor pipe
i am not very mechanical so dont fully understand how this works - but apparently its a good because it doesn't trick the ecu and bypass any sensors or fault checking...

nickg123

I'd recommend it to anyone!

With my Dawes device it took a while to spool up when you changed gear - made it feel like it was Lagging almost, now it absolutely flies as soon as you plant it!

As Justin says, i'm lovin' it :D