New Gtir Model 2008

marcymarc

youngsyp said:
:lol:

Not that there's anything wrong with Renault engines. They have good power output (see the Clio 197, Megane 230 and Nissan 350Z), good economy and last forever too.
With Renault's current range of cars, they have the excitement factor Nissan lost years ago too, albeit for the 350Z.

Wonder why nissan ditched the sporty factor through the ranges, isnt the fastest nissan hatch in the past 7 years or so the new micra sr :lol: ?

I think theres a nismo package for the new micras in japan, pretty sure its just a cosmetic package though.

youngsyp

marcymarc said:
Wonder why nissan ditched the sporty factor through the ranges, isnt the fastest nissan hatch in the past 7 years or so the new micra sr :lol: ?
Yep, I think that's right. As the Almera GTi was around in the late 90's iirc ?!

PaulB

Probably because they had no balls! They just dont release anything nice now, the 350z is that flagship sporty model, there just trying to hump out as many 4x4`s as they can.
That new Quashqai is built on a shoestring, heard stories from the factory, that they tried rushing it out, only to have not welded the rear chassis mounts properly and the rear axle duly fell off!!
Oh, and the engines are detuned diesels as the rear diff couldnt take the torque!!

nimhbk

There was a new gtr at Reading jap show in April a purple one
Very nice, apparently the guy got it from japan, even before it was released, might be in the jap shop photo's...
Big drug dealer who payed quite a tidy sum

EVOBAD

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: hows that supercharger running:whoo: :noidea: :whip2: :second: :Cry: :fencing: :argue: :boobs: new gtir it will never happen

davey red.r

shame on nissan get it produced instead of producing 7 different kinds of off roaders and make this one with a strong pandoras box :twisted: :evil:

carlengerer

I think it was the late 90's when nissan was in big trouble and IMO when there was a rescue plan from renault...one of the decisions was prioritize the french style and pizzaz over performance and specification...(take the renault magane "**** out" advertizing campaign for example...not exactly performance orientated).