New AFR problem

chrism

I managed to sort out my lean problem Ive had. I changed the bottom seal to one of the injectors and its been going spot on. Perfect afr on idle and WOT. Wasnt missing a beat.

Took it for a spin tonight and was so chuffed I gave it a bit of welly through 2nd and 3rd. I then heard a noise like something falling off. Nothing heavy but still. The afr was now going high. The idle was still perfect but when I accelerated both whils driving and sitting in neutral the afr wasnt following. It seems like when the air increases the fuel doesnt increase to match it.

Ive had a look under the bonnet and havent found anything missing or hanging off. Still idling perfectly and it drives perfectly too.

Im thinking its something to do with the fuel pressure regulator now. Im gonna hook up the pressure gauge tomorrow and check the pressure increases as I rev. If it does this then I xan almost rule that out.

My question: what else could it be? I did a fault code check and it showed nothing. Its not an air leak as the afrs fine on idle and it runs as it should. To me, its a fuelling problem.

chrism

Think and hope Ive found the problem. My wide-band lambda gauge wasnt responding as it should. It started showing a lambda of 1.5 without moving (afr of 20ish) I shut the car off, started it up again then the gauge stopped working. I know these sensors are sensitive to fuel etc. That sensors obviously goosed and I do have a spare. Im just waiting on it cooling down before I change them. Heres hoping.