neo vvl head

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Can a gt4088 be kind to the transmission :) Just teasing, I understand your point, I've considered similar myself. 4-9.5K gives an impressive usable range.

@Rob, what spec are you aiming for this build, turbo and target hp?

vpulsar

@Rob, what spec are you aiming for this build, turbo and target hp?
Turbo is a Billet GTX2863 with bronze bearing cage/stainless steel heat shields & ceramic coated exhaust housing, Forged pistons/cossy head gasket/ARP rod bolts/HKS cams and some head work, Owen reckon I should be able to make 400 bhp and be boosting around 2000-2500 RPM hopefully.

Lots of other mods going on but I'll do something on here when it's finished mate.

red reading

Being built by me jim,so all the tricks like my build I have learnt from analyzing , smoothed block,matched water ways to gasket and many more detail mods to help oil return to sump and cooling.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I know the 2860gt's spool quite easily so I expect that will be similar. What sort of boost do you need to make 400hp? Sounds like an interesting turbo

vpulsar

I know the 2860gt's spool quite easily so I expect that will be similar. What sort of boost do you need to make 400hp? Sounds like an interesting turbo

Not sure mate maybe 1.6 bar but will have to wait until Ed maps it to be sure.

warpspeed

Really depends on how much you pay for a head and cams....the kit from Gspec doesn't cost much and the machining shouldn't cost too much if your not able to do it yourself.....
It's one of those jobs that's hard to price as it depends so much on what spec you choose...

warpspeed

Can a gt4088 be kind to the transmission :) Just teasing, I understand your point, I've considered similar myself. 4-9.5K gives an impressive usable range.
Not really but the lpg is very kind to engines/transmissions as it is such a smooth combustion, very very difficult to get any det, the only downside is it's quite slow to burn so that needs some thought....I'm setting up to run liquid injection at 8bar using a very very expensive pump that can run up to 12bar, the idea behind the liquid injection is to get the lpg into the cyls as quickly as possible to allow as much burn time as possible

warpspeed

Lots of advance but sticking with standard cr for this engine, as the lpg is injected as a liquid at 8 bar as soon as it's left the injectors it expands massively so has excellent cylinder filling, also has a huge charge cooling effect so much so that I'm not using an intercooler and my pipe run will be about 12" max

The Doc

Moderators
Staff member
Everyone forgotton that the btcc cars ran gtir heads up to 8500rpm with no issues then?, and that when ported they actually work very well....which begs the question do you really need to fit one?.

warpspeed

I believe I do to get the lpg and the turbo I've chosen to work properly.....on a petrol engine with a smaller turbo I would say you are probably right

Empty Pockets

Everyone forgotton that the btcc cars ran gtir heads up to 8500rpm with no issues then?, and that when ported they actually work very well....which begs the question do you really need to fit one?.
Same casting with different internals, solid lifters & cams ? Thought it was a common problem of throwing rockers at high rpm with the gtir head inherent to the design ? If it's safe to rev to 8.5k on a standard (cammed) head, why's it not done ? Genuine question, but i can't see a btcc primera running a standard gtir shim/bucket/rocker set up ?