need to deceide what brakes to get please help!

S

samellio

Really need to get some brakes for endless track abuse..
BUT need to get a kit that'll fit under 15's(comp mo)..

Ap racing don't do a kit for 15's but there are companies that will custom build a 4 pot 304 or 295mm kit with Ap parts...
Tarox do a kit they claim that's specifically built for the gti-r which is 6 pot and 298mm, but i've been warned off them...
I know there are smaller kits but really want the biggest possible :wink:
Has anyone on here got a custom built AP kit that goes under 15's???

What shall i do???

Sam

E

Edd

ive got 304mm ap's and hope to find a set of 15s for them to fit under.

you can get a smaller AP 4 pot and 295mm disc and that'll definitely fit under 15's but you'd need custom bells and brakcets as AP don't do a gtir kit

S

samellio

Chriss unfortunately godspeeds brakes wouldn't fit...

Edd where did you get your AP 304mm ??
Also would u pm me to let me know what i should pay..

E

Edd

Well i might be able to get you some ap's

i got mine from a friend but i wouldnt be able to get you bells n brakcets unless they were the same as mine (304 kit)

ill have a word n find out if i can get an more kits

expect to pay about £1500 for a complete kit with bells n brakcets :cry:

i paid about £700 :wink:

O

Odin

samellio said:
Really need to get some brakes for endless track abuse..
BUT need to get a kit that'll fit under 15's(comp mo)..

Ap racing don't do a kit for 15's but there are companies that will custom build a 4 pot 304 or 295mm kit with Ap parts...
Tarox do a kit they claim that's specifically built for the gti-r which is 6 pot and 298mm, but i've been warned off them...
I know there are smaller kits but really want the biggest possible :wink:
Has anyone on here got a custom built AP kit that goes under 15's???

What shall i do???

Sam
Your in Scotland sam arn't you :?: you could try my 304mm AP's if
you like as edd's bringing them back up at the end of jun, I seem to
remember that the guy I bought the car off said that they would fit
under 15's :wink: .

rob

J

J-GTi-R

Both Hispec and Wilwood do 280mm kits that will easily fit behind 15in Compo MOs (I have those wheels and the Wilwood kit and get about 2-3cm of clearance).

S

samellio

Edd i'd definately go with the 304mm kit if i could... Spoke to a company(AP racing gave me their number) called B+G developments who said both the 295 and 304mm should fit under 15's. You heard of them?
It would be much appreciated if you could get me a set at a discount price :wink: :D

Rob would be really good to try fitting my wheels over your brakes :wink:
Will you be at any events in the near future?

J-gtir was looking to go bigger than the hi-spec or willwood kits but thanks anyway :wink:

Sam

E

Edd

I will enquire for you, even if i cant get you the calipers and discs etc i can get my mate to make you up the correct brackets and bells for the 304 kit :wink:

J

J-GTi-R

If you want to go bigger you should easily be able to (within reason) as with the MOs you have probably the best brake clearance you can get on a 15.

O

Odin

samellio said:
Edd i'd definately go with the 304mm kit if i could...
Rob would be really good to try fitting my wheels over your brakes :wink:
Will you be at any events in the near future?

Sam
my cars off the road at the moment but if you anywhere near Aberdeen
you could come over and we could try them :wink: .

rob

skiddusmarkus

I doubt the AP's would go under many(if any)15's.They are very chunky calipers and will most likely foul the inside of the wheels.
I've got the lowest profile calipers(Hispec) I've seen and they just squeeze under 15" OZ supert's with a 300mm disc-about 1-2mm clearance.I've got some 15" TE37's now and there's about 5-7mm clearance.I still don't think AP's would go under them though unless with a smaller disc.

S

samellio

Rob it may be worth me making a trip up from glasgow to check..Cheers :wink:

Skid i'll double check it..The company have gauranteed the 304mm disc fitting but the guy is going to check tommomrow..

A site of interest here:
http://www.whifbitz.co.uk/pulsar-brakes.html

This kit seems cheaper than the company i spoke to..Wonder if they use the same components??
Am i right in thinking Ap have a different size calliper for a disc over 300mm?
Thanks,
Sam

S

samellio

Ok a little update..
Ended up purchasing a set from Godspeed..

Ian (the owner) really seems to know his stuff and has gauranteed that i'll get his 308mm 4 pot brembo kit under my 15"compo mo wheels. He used to run a rally nova with the same kit/wheels :wink: .

He said he would have them delivered within a day or two..but- 1 week later no reply to email/phone message and no brakes :?
I'd read somewhere he was hard to get hold of but is this usual??
What i'm worried about is he was very forthcoming with emails before i transferred my cash over... Now he's got my cash i've heard nothing and can't get hold of him.... :cry:

Sam

J

J-GTi-R

Ah yes, you're not the first person to have problems with that company...

S

samellio

searched godspeed on the forum and results were good...
The scoobynet forum seems to rate them as well..
Who's had problems before??
thought i'd done my homework but obviously not :cry: :cry:

R

Red Rice rocket

2 of Ians friends died last week so he took a few days off , Sam was contacted yesterday and was told this , his kit will also be with him today , so thanks for the , concern