n00b here

1SLOMOFO

Hello everyone,

My name is George and I just recently came back from America on a 4 year venture, I am a GTI-R owner but my car is relatively stock, don't know who to go to for modifications, only mods are H&K forced air filter, 5 Zigen catback, and a HKS SSQ BOV, future mods include boost controller, turbo upgrade and a FMIC, anyone have any upgradable parts they want to get rid off? LOL but here is a few pics of my car:

http://community.webshots.com/album/443049913qWVLbE

I'd blurr the plates but I really can't be bothered, as I am feeling kinda lazy right now!

Cheers,

George

1SLOMOFO

I bought the car 2 weeks before I left to go to the states, stupid I know, but it was very much a last minute decision, figured that when I come back I could atlease insure after my enlistment was over! It was sitting my mum's garage for over 4 years under a car cover, let me tell ya, after 4 years, and you try to open the car doors the first time it kinda gets sticky! First thing I did before I started the car was drained the old motor oil and used a jerry can to fill some fresh fuel into the car, then I hooked the battery back up and the car took none but maybe 3 seconds to start up! Only thing which is gonna be a bish to fix would be the driver window motor which I see is starting to slow down....sigh, more money out the window all in the name of a hobby! anywhos thats my story for the day!

George

hmmm

Tryand lubricate the rubber seals with some silicon spray. You'll be amazed how well this works. One of my mates windows actually came to a stop and didn't go up nor down. A bit of silicone spray and they glide smoothly.

Although it could be other things such as the windows may have come out of place or like you said the motors are starting to give up. Try the silicone spray first as it's cheap and easy. If this fails, then go through the other options.