Mystery stroker kit

cherry1809

Engine should last longer in theory too.Saabs use that design of loads of low down torque so there is no need for such high revs,hence why they last for eleventymillion miles.

N

Ninja_tune_factory

thanks for that now me no :D i was told that the sr20det block was the same as the one thats in the s13,14,15 so if that kits fits them block it must fit the r block right :?: ( or am i talkin shit and shood i shut up ? :oops: )

P

purplemonster

personaly io cant see the blocks being the same as R rods are wider ?
but i have also not stripped either so im not 100%

ROBERT

Nad

purplemonster said:
personaly io cant see the blocks being the same as R rods are wider ?
The width of the rod is greater, so the crank is different but the block is similar, maybe further reinforced, who knows.

Nad

A

Anonymous

the s15 block and gtir is totally different according to uncle ian so is the crank.btw theresa 2.4 ltr s15 in japan a while back

R

robinsongtir

Nad

the 2.3 stroker kit I am getting will have a rev limit of 8500rpm I could have gone for a 2.4 but this would mean you could only rev just past 7000rpm

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
robinsongtir said:
the 2.3 stroker kit I am getting will have a rev limit of 8500rpm I could have gone for a 2.4 but this would mean you could only rev just past 7000rpm
Which 2.3 kit is that? Who told you the rev limit for the 2.4?

E

Edd

Peter's having a custom 2.3 kit made for him, i presume he enquired about a 2.4 hence knowing the limits on them :wink:

Nad

joeytribianni said:
the s15 block and gtir is totally different according to uncle ian so is the crank.btw theresa 2.4 ltr s15 in japan a while back
I was on about the S13 and S14 blocks as these are from the same era, the S15 is much renewed.

Pete, not saying it wont rev past 7000rpm,u can rev it as fast as u like. i remember Ivan getting his 2lt to 9400rpm, its just how reliable it is at that speed.

Nad

P.S. He needs the 2.3 to spin up his big turbo :wink: :lol:

A

Anonymous

I've emailed them 2 days ago, still no reply.
jwt doesn't wanna sell loads of 2,4 stroker kits ? :)

cherry1809

Kit includes:
sleeve kit S589 list
billet crankshaft $2350 list
forged hi-silicon pistons $180 each
Billet chromolly connecting rods $200 each

It was posted somewhere else on this site....

A

Anonymous

yes, they replied to me yesterday.
I don't really know what I'm talking about concerning engine rebuilds... What do I need for a good rebuild ?
nevermind answering, I'll open up a new topic for it.

jonee

2.4 stroker kit

i believe they used this engine in some japanese saloon car racing series,they use a 6 speed sequential box.the car used was a almera

A

Anonymous

This was wat the replied to me :

William,
Here are the prices for the parts for this set-up.

$589.00 sleeve kit (requires special boring process to correctly install
sleeve)
$2350.00 billet crankshaft
$180.00 each forged high-silicon piston
$200.00 each billet chromalloy rod
---------
$4459.00 total

what is this sleeve kit ?

and this seems pretty cheap for such a big strokers kit... Any cons ? Or would I be better off with a 2.2 or 2.3 litre kit from somewhere else...

R

robinsongtir

any idea if the kits are in stock or how long they take for them to put together?
Do you think it would be possible to purchase the rods and crank and get smaller sized say 87mm ones and get it to a 2.2 or a 2.3 if that what it works out to.If this would be possible would could you cut out the sleeve kit and rebore the std ones because of the smaller pistons?