SickBoy

Gray .....

Your missing the point m8

This guy lives in cock a doodle do land :lol:

Read some of his threads

Johnson Performance ....Performing Paul Daniels magic tricks

Lee

gtirneil

Paz copy and paste for me matey, it wont let me look.

Possibly because im not a paid up member :lol: :roll:

paz

gtirneil said:
Paz copy and paste for me matey, it wont let me look.

Possibly because im not a paid up member :lol: :roll:
Get paid up then you scrubber :roll: :lol: :wink:

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:36 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just started her up for the first time and there was one almighty racket when I popped her in gear, only noisy at the end of the clutch near to the floor but goes when brought up from floor 1/2 inch. It sounded like release bearing had fell off Its just suddenly dissapeared and the clutch is as right as rain. The bearing I had was new in the bag but really old like 10 years or more, it was in our parts dept at work it even had the old nissan signs on the bag. Must have been dry I guess, I felt ill I thought I was going to have to take out the sodding engine again.

No probs me old matey just need to bleed the brakes at work tomorrow, Anyone know what size the bleed nipples on wilwood callipers are? Its not 6 or 7mm so it must be an AF size? Will try my af spanners at work tomorow. Should be able to go out for a blast on Saturday

kirko
5th Gear Redline

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:30 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes the wilwoods bleed nipples are AF
forgotten which size exactly

GartracS2
2nd Gear

Location: JOHNSON PERFORMANCE SERVICES - Clutches, Quaifes, Engine Builds, Street and Strip Preparation
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:23 pm Post subject:

lol That explains my lack of a suitable spanner at home to fit it. Good oh.

OZ-'R'acing
4th Gear

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:28 pm Post subject:

What are you 2 on about? AF stands for Across Flats

houghy_1
1st Gear Redline

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:07 pm Post subject:

The bleed nipple on the wilwood 4-pots is 1/4 inch mate(6.35mm),
i know i did mine last weekend.

matt.

CLICKY>>POLISHED PLUG COVERS FOR SALE<<CLICKY

GartracS2
2nd Gear

Location: JOHNSON PERFORMANCE SERVICES - Clutches, Quaifes, Engine Builds, Street and Strip Preparation
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:01 pm Post subject:

Does it f uck stand for that, its American Fine, 1/4 inch AF = 6-7 MM 1/2 inch AF = 13 MM , 9/16ths, 7/8ths so on and so forth. Ive been in this game for a decade son and I dont use my AF spanners ever at all so I carry my metric stuff home only, I work for Nissan im a Hiteq tech.

Fast Guy
Moderator / Yorkshire Rep

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:13 pm Post subject:

Is that Whitworth AF (across flats?) They're what we used to used in the RAF (on a 1940s designed aircraft )

OZ-'R'acing
4th Gear

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:19 am Post subject:

GartracS2 wrote:
Does it f uck stand for that, its American Fine, 1/4 inch AF = 6-7 MM 1/2 inch AF = 13 MM , 9/16ths, 7/8ths so on and so forth. Ive been in this game for a decade son and I dont use my AF spanners ever at all so I carry my metric stuff home only, I work for Nissan im a Hiteq tech.

Well sonny, then you should know that you cannot assign a specific spanner to a thread . The spanner has to relate to the hexagon you are mating it to

Now where did I put my M10*1.25 spanner , Doh, that's my 1/8" BSP...... 1/4" NPT.......

Never mind

John Mc
5th Gear Redline

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:31 am Post subject:

AF does indeed stand for across flats

Take your 13mm AF spanner and measure it across the flats

Paz

gtirneil

Get paid up then you scrubber

Paz
No never if this is the kind of conversations you guys get upto in your private little world :lol:

Paz, im loving your reply at the bottom, i didnt think you knew what a spanner was :lol: :wink:

gtirneil

ohh thought Paz had some words of wisdom.

it said Paz underneath so i thought blah blah blah :oops:

Im so stupid to have thought he knew about spanners ;)

paz

gtirneil said:
ohh thought Paz had some words of wisdom.

it said Paz underneath so i thought blah blah blah :oops:

Im so stupid to have thought he knew about spanners ;)
I know about you, and you fit into the spanner criteria ;)

Oz - how do you know I don't. I resent that, I'm actually a timeserved Nissan mechanic with 30 years of experience :evil: honest

Paz

Dooie Pop Pop

paz said:
Oz - how do you know I don't. I resent that, I'm actually a timeserved Nissan mechanic with 30 years of experience :evil: honest

Paz
yeah and still cant fit a seat in your own car :lol: i think im gonna start calling you MAZZY :lol:

paz

OZ-'R'acing said:
paz said:
I present exhibit 4A your honour:

:arrow: http://bb.gtiroc.com/viewtopic.php?t=37376
Mwahahaha PMSL - wondered when that would make an appearance :lol: I can however confirm that the thread is a plant *cue intense music* and I am being framed for a thread which I did not post *cue dum dum duuuuuuuuuummmmm sound effect* :cry: :shock: :lol: :wink:

Neil - Mazzy? :?

Paz

J

Jon

It's threads like this that keep me comin back to the forum :lol: :lol:

I take it Gartrag blokey is tryin to pull aaaaaaaanother fast one
cant beleive the sympathy the old todger got at the start.mental probs me thinks :roll: