motec ecu

rossdj1983

looking at getting one:thumbsup: , but i just wanted to see how many have got one, which one? what they think of them? and best place to get them?

O

Odin

I've got a M48 pro fitted to my car, And yes its very good but expensive and you will need to understand that every time you change something on your motor, You will need another £200-£300 re map.

So go into to it with open eye's.

mine was £2700 fitted and mapped by the way, Plus about another 1k in remaps so far and counting.

Rob

O

Odin

rossdj1983 said:
is their any good eqivelents to the motec stuff?

Yes their's loads of other option's out there, but all the good one's will end up costing nearly as much as a motec in the end.

Rob

rossdj1983

been looking into it, dosent look like a bad bit of kit. always heard good things about it. and it'll save me loads

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
AEM with all the necessary and correct sensors was $2440 when i bought mine.

Then there is the install of the sensors.

EGT, Air Intake and MAP sensor.

For the MAP sensor you really want to make a box for it and take a feed from each butterfly.

All that added to the cost of the parts and its not as cheap as you first thought.

Rishi

P

pearl 476.5bhp

taught you sold that to the irish dude fazz,did you sell the power fc to some one else?fazz was convinced it was his.why did you pull out:shock:
RishiGTiR said:
There will be one up for grabs soon enough... :lol:

Rishi

Trip

RishiGTiR said:
For the MAP sensor you really want to make a box for it and take a feed from each butterfly.
Isn't it enough to get a fed to the MAP just the same as you would fit a boost gauge ?

Fusion Ed

Provided it would read the signal fine (use an oscilloscope if a problems is suspected) there would be no problems. The trick is to get it responding as fast as possible, but with as little environmental noise (such as intake pulse pressure errors) as possible.

MORF114

the people who started autronic up in aussie one of the founder guys left and started motec apparently someone told me while i was shitfaced last night they are pretty good and cheaper than motec . dont really know how similar they are though. around a grand for a sm4 in the box.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
pearl 476.5bhp said:
taught you sold that to the irish dude fazz,did you sell the power fc to some one else?fazz was convinced it was his.why did you pull out:shock:

I haven't sold it to anyone! Its not even for sale yet!!:x It was never promised to anyone! Fazz is one of about 7 people who have been asking for it. And as i told all of them, I will advertise it when its for sale along with everything else!

The one Andy was refering to was Dean's one! ;-)

Rishi

Last edited: