more boost wanted

T

Too Slick

r5ben said:
ill try and get a pic of mine show you how its set up :wink:
I could do with seeing this as well with my limited technical knowledge :wink:

skiddusmarkus

Keep it on topic please.

On the boost solenoid by the dizzy,there are 2 vacuum pipes coming out of it.you remove both of them and join them together with a short peice of brake pipe(just right size).I think that's how you do it,been ages since I did mine so check first.

jonesgti_r

Tried this and a few other combinations but cant get it too boost over 0.7

Keep trying Hiteq but they always seem to be busy :roll:

T

Too Slick

Any chance of someone posting a picture of a bleed valve fitted as well?
It must be every newbie that wants to know the same thing :)

You could then post it in FAQ and would save you all getting pi**ed off answering all the same questions :D

R

r5ben

ive by passed it all together didnt join any pipes together are put any new pipes in just pull the pipes off and join it up missing the soinoid out and it runs just under 1 bar i think
i dint think there was any electric conectors on there ? there just one mounted there but thats not for it :?

youngsyp

There is a little metal restrictor in the pipe that runs from the plenum to the T piece (pipe no 5 on the diagram shown previously). The pipe has a green band round it where this should be. If this isn't there, the boost will be lower.
Once you have confirmed this is there, remove pipe no 6 from the 3 way connector, leave the other end alone. Then remove pipe no 8 from the solenoid valve, leave the other end alone. Connect pipe no 6 to where you just removed pipe no 8 on the solenoid valve. Make sure it's a tight fit, if not use a cable tie to make it air tight. If it's still not tight, substitute hose no 6 with a tight fitting silicon pipe. Then, connect pipe no 8 to the 3 way connector where, you removed pipe no 6 from. Job done. All connections must be air tight. If they aren't, you will lose vacumn and boost.

Jobs a goodun :wink:

c4cpa

Did this last night and can confirm that it does give more boost, all be it a small hike, but enough to make a noticable difference!

Just disconected the 2 pipes that go to the solenoid and put a piece of pipe between supplied by abbey motorsport to make it run 0.8 bar.
Std boost gauge now reads about 2 blips off the 7 mark (altough i know that it doesnt read in bar)

Just to clear something up tho - will it be ok to run at 0.8 without making any other alterations?? (i.e fuel pump etc..)

Colin.