more boost wanted

jonesgti_r

i'm running standard boost on my R .. on my last R before i crashed it ( 2 much right foot cummin of a wet round about ) it was running 1 bar. hiteq did the boost upgrade but there was no bleed valve fitted and no boost computers . i think it was just re plumbed.. any ideas how this was done . ????
For the crash pics visit
www.geocities.com/oops_i_killed_it2002

paz

:lol: The easiest way to do it is to just get a dawes device or something similar and visit Hiteq again.

I'm guessing your previous R had some kind of chip, as there would be visible evidence of a safe boost increase - either an electronic controller or a bleed valve type device.

That is unless they just unplugged all the hoses from underneath the intercooler :lol: which is doubtful ;)

Paz

jonesgti_r

All i had done to my other R was an exhaust and filter which were on the car before it went to hiteq... basically i had it serviced and he asked if i wanted 2 increase the boost .. he went out for a drive in it came back and then went out again..
boost boost boost 1 bar.....
didn't have any chip fitted and like i said no bleed valve....

kirko

dp did same to mine they just mess with the plumbing and 1 bar or thereabouts is the result, no chips bleed valves or dawes devices involved

R

r5ben

i have that mod done to mine you just by pass it all or plumb it all back in to make it boost normal again

jonesgti_r

just try'd to plumb my car for 1 bar.. no joy . 0.8 if im lucky ...

from them plenum to a t piece one side of the t piece goes to the pipe between the afm and the turbo and the other goes to the actuator..
is this correct??? the solenoid has a piece of pipe looping into itself..

please help need more boost

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
jonesgti_r said:
from them plenum to a t piece one side of the t piece goes to the pipe between the afm and the turbo and the other goes to the actuator..
is this correct??? the solenoid has a piece of pipe looping into itself..
That sounds like the standard set up, so I guess standard boost.

otter

Im a bit confussed about this one myself.
Could sum1 put a quick sketch up.

Im running a bleed valve but seems to be taking ages to hit full boost :x

J

John Mc

Crazy :lol: Why are you going on different posts and just replying with one smiley????

J

jiw

i have noticed he sems to follow otter, quite sad really

maybe its because he is hanging out of his arse :shock:

J

John Mc

jiw said:
i have noticed he sems to follow otter, quite sad really

maybe its because he is hanging out of his a**e :shock:
I've just noticed otter's sig :shock: Could be why crazy seems to be plaguing his posts :!:

J

jiw

Hand bags....... and i thought we where all supposed to be grown up by now :eek:

R

r5ben

just bypas the solinoid miss it out mine runs just under 1bar :wink:
one think though why do the pop and bang like mad when youve done this mod ?? mine sounded loads differant after i did this :roll:

otter

Can anyone else confirm if this is right?

I had another look at mine yesterday and there's wires going to the selinoid so me thinks it has purpose for summet :?