N

NISM0

o k with all your help i finaly got the falt codes

12 afm circuit??
13 engine temp sensor
34 detonation sensor

what is afm circuit

what to do next, help??

also found yellow black trace wire not connected? above altinator comming out the loom about 9@ long with single spade(what the heck is that??)

car starts fine cold, when hot very hard to start, seems to start a cylinder at a time then theres the poping banging and the engine stoping power under large load, what do you all think

thanx for getting me this far lets see if we can get this r working together
happy new year every body

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
AFM is the Air flow meter. Do a a search for re grounding, or check the connectors are fully engaged in the plug

Engine temp sensor is the coolant sensor, it could be the sensor or the wire. CLICKY

Det sensor (eveyones favourite) is abit of a pain to get to on the back of the engine and it could be the sensor (not cheap) or the wire to it broken or disconnected.

Not sure about the other wire.

nismoboy

the yellow and black wire u are refering sound like the cooling temp sensor wire, if its dissconected, then re-connect it and this should solve your problem. The coolant temp sensor is located at the back of the engine on the left hand side if your standing at the front of the car, its under the inlet manifold on the left.

oldaneal

that wire could be for the aircon pump to switch it on if it comes out of the loon at the same place as the alternator

J

jpward

(Duel topic)

Your Maf is your airflow meter as in

the wire that is loose i suspect is the one for your aircon clutch which may have been removed and just needs taping up.

Did you say you had replaced your lead set,distributor cap and arm?

N

NISM0

ye ha i can answer, more fault codeys

o k, cleared fault codes and now only have code 13, temp sensor cirquit, it looks that this sensor was changed not so long ago any ideas also somone told me that the e c u should only display one fault at a time, so how come i got three??

as for the misfire i got some new leads comin monday so will try this

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It will display as many faults as it has to :wink:

What makes you think the sensor has been replaced? was it replaced with the right one? Is the wiring OK if the sensor is OK?

N

NISM0

mmmm temp sensor

the big clue was that the old temp sensor was found in the glove box, and the one thats fitted is shiny, has red two prong fitteing and also isulting tape is new, engine only been in for a feuw months and only had car for short time

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Check the wiring hasn't broken or fallen off the sensor then. It's not impossible, but hopefully unlikely the sensor has failed so soon tho.

N

NISM0

THE OTHE THING ITS DOING

IT SEEMS TO IDLE AT 1500, 1100 THEN 900ISH ALL OVER THE PLACE THEN 950 ISH FOR AGES THE JUMPS AROUND ALOT, ITS GOING TO NISSAN IS THIS A BAD IDEA

Dooie Pop Pop

Re: THE OTHE THING ITS DOING

NISM0 said:
IT SEEMS TO IDLE AT 1500, 1100 THEN 900ISH ALL OVER THE PLACE THEN 950 ISH FOR AGES THE JUMPS AROUND ALOT, ITS GOING TO NISSAN IS THIS A BAD IDEA
as long as you dont mind your R being ragged about while they 'test' it :wink:

are you running an oil cooler and/or an uprated rad?

ive had a similar prob but its down to my cooling system being too damn efficient at this time of year :roll: drove @ 70 mph all the way home (17 miles) the other day when stopped i felt the bottom rad hose and it was luke warm :shock: i left it ticking over and it soon opened the thermostat :?

make sure all your intake/boost clips are tight as well as the breather hoses that go from the rocker cover to the plenum :wink:

stu

N

NISM0

LET ME LOOK AT RAD

THE RAD IS STANDARD, ALL PIPES SEEM, TO BE GOOD, TOOK AIR FILTER OFF AND WHILE RUNNING BLOCKED OF INTAKE TO LISTEN FOR LEEKS, NO LEAKS AND ENGNE DIE,S NO OIL COOLER, BUT TEMPRITURE GUAGE IS JUST OF HALF WHEN AT WORKING TEMP AND OIL AT TO BARS ON METER, COULD IT BE A THEREMOSTAT PROBLEM? LACK OF< OR NOT W ORKING, CHEERS MATEY : :roll: