mongoose knocking

R

r5ben

need abit of help with trying to sort my goose :?
the prob is it keeps snaping the the rubber mount at the back the one near the tail pipe :roll: i put a new one on and a couple of weeks later it snaps again :x its knocking as well i think its tapping the rear bit that it runs over any help ?? its hard to explain in on here :(

Mr GTiR

Sounds like it not fitted correctly as it should not knock. Trytaking it apart while it on the car i.e. loosed all the joints but don't split them and see if you can get it to fit better without it knocking. Best do this on a ramp so you have plently of space to work with.

R

r5ben

thanks mate i did that and its fine now just losened all the joints and resealed with zorst paste and refitted again in a better way and its spot on now no knocking and theres no pressure on the rubber now so looks like ive sortd it

A

AZ STE

Mine doesnt exit under the rear bumper exactly correctly fit a new rear rubber and what I did was pull the arm over towards the near side with three cable ties so it can still move a little on the rubber.should hold it.

PS 1000 POSTS AT LAST :shock: :D :D

Mr GTiR

The Goose should not need exhaust paste but if you have done it now and it's spot on :wink:

Ste, well done you post whore :p

R

r5ben

i just put abit of paste on becouse the gaskets are abit tyred and i didnt have time to get new ones :? its only to last till the winter then its all got to come off for the engine to come out and my pistions and cams to go in :D