Mongoose exhausts

chrism

I seem to have a slight hole in the flexi bit just after the downpipe on my mongoose. I believe they have a lifetime guarantee and I have the receipt. Has anyone had any luck in managing to get a free replacement? If they say lifetime guarantee I can only imagine that means lifetime guarantee.

Chris.

Born Again

I seem to have a slight hole in the flexi bit just after the downpipe on my mongoose. I believe they have a lifetime guarantee and I have the receipt. Has anyone had any luck in managing to get a free replacement? If they say lifetime guarantee I can only imagine that means lifetime guarantee.Chris.
I suppose it depends on what has caused the hole.If the part has failed due to quality/workmanship issues then the warranty should stand, but if the hole is the result of damage then I'd imagine the warranty doesn't apply.

Last edited:

chrism

Its not been damaged by impact or the like. That particular part actually looks rusty. The threading around it has frayed.

Mr B

Mongoose lifetime warranty is nothing but a sales gimmick, read T&C fully, small snippet below:
GUARANTEE
All Mongoose exhaust systems and components come with a conditional lifetime guarantee for the first owner, with the exception of the following components:

• Flexible sections – 12 months from date of purchase
  • 100 cell race cats – 12 months from date of purchase – race use excluded
  • 200 cell sports cats – 24 months from date of purchase
All parts carry the return to base guarantee.
Proof of purchase and identification may be required.
Labour is not covered under the Mongoose guarantee, however, you may visit our premises for inspection and we will replace the parts for you, stock permitting.
Damaged items will not be guaranteed. e.g. damage caused by speed bumps, incorrect fitting etc.
We reserve the right to ask to inspect the item/vehicle before issuing a guarantee.
Cost of replacement part to be paid for by the customer until faulty item is returned to us for inspection then refund.

Mr B

what ever material is used 12 months on the flexi is absolute minimal from the highlighted "lifetime warranty" & as most owners change GTIRs more frequent than underwear the warranty is fully void for most. Best picking up a good used one as many about & prices can be good & repairs such as a silencer or flexi are not that expensive or modding a used Goose to your taste & sound levels will be rewarding to yourself & your wallet.
Was impressed on the Goose on GTIR, got one for my evo 5 & it was awful raspy sound & poor fit hitting on rear subframe & front downpipe flange need serious modding to weld beeds & holes & rubbed on sump under throttle lift off. Was a nightmare to get my money back, had to go back to supplier to evaluate fitting, they wanted to fanny around heating & bending it, MonGoose blamed it all on my fitting !. Gave them one attempt to do better which resulted in a lot of fannying about & then got granted a change as agreed it was very bad fitment only fixable buy cutting ect so went for Blitz nurspec which was incredible in term of quality fit/finish & performance gain but very very loud ...
Buy wisely & don't trust a brand too much ...