Mongoose 5" tailpipe

John

Odin said:
I would just say that we are just fast car enthusiasts that like to have a car a little different from the norm ;-) , Well that is what I like to think of myself and the other older members anyway 8) :-D .

Anybody under 25 who owns one is defiantly a bl00dy chav or as they say up here a ned :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob
Sorry but im under 25 and im certainly not a chav nor do I want to be. I got my Pulsar when I was 19 and the reason I made the decision to get it rather than the likes of Scoob or Evo was the fact that no one apart from car Enthusiasts actually know what it is and with the right mods it can be a very efficient track day weapon.

I dont sit at Mcdonalds and rev my engine nor do I race around town centres at silly speeds and do not dress in shell suits.

I can see where your coming from with your comments but just because someone isnt a specific age or does a specific mod that you dont agree with doesnt make them a chav.

No offence to you Rob and I know your not one to mince your words, but I know I for one am a car enthusiast, I mean I gave up my summer holiday from uni to work solid so I could afford the insurance on the god damn thing!

Im sure there are other younger owners in the same boat, however yeah there are alot of chav idiots out there, although there driving Shitron Paxos!

O

Odin

John said:
No offense to you Rob and I know your not one to mince your words, but I know I for one am a car enthusiast, I mean I gave up my summer holiday from uni to work solid so I could afford the insurance on the god damn thing!
Non taken old chap ;-) .

I'll accept that their maybe the odd exception but I still think as a general rule of thumb I'm indeed correct in my observation's ;-) :lol: :lol: .

Rob

Braveheart

I think it's a bit tough to say that anybody under the age of 25 that owns an R is a chav or ned. The ones that are only have the car for a short while before they trash or crash it through abuse, poverty, neglect or piss poor drive. This excludes track use I might add... lol. To own a GTiR and maintain it for any length of time takes a degree of input and respect.
The UK has changed.... from Yuppy to Chav....second generation of un-employed... blah blah.

O

Odin

Braveheart said:
The UK has changed.... from Yuppy to Chav....second generation of un-employed... blah blah.

Stop whining jesus :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

They're all chav's ;-) :lol: .

Rob

Braveheart

Odin said:
Stop whining jesus :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

They're all chav's ;-) :lol: .

Rob
:lol:
Maybe they are but young lungs can draw through a 5" pipe where I can't any more.;-)

Rich@Redline

Odin said:
That's my point really, Those younger members amongst us might want to think about the way they look and behave when behind the wheel, The car only has a bad name because of the totally inconsiderate minority that seem to be attracted to the Pulsar these days :doh: .

It's not big or clever to go steaming through your local town centre roads with your noisy 5" chav tail pipe and banging tunes deafening the locals :der: .

I've just fitted a new quieter exhaust system that even my wife likes :shock: , She said it now sounds like a normal car :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , She still hates the clutch though :oops: .

At the end of the day having a bad attitude towards your neighbours and the police does no one any favors, My brother has a shocking attitude towards the police :der: , These guys for the most part are just doing their jobs and arguing with stroppy car owners who have been caught out speeding or what ever isn't the most fun part of their day I'm sure.

Best thing to do is try and keep as low a profile as possible ;-) .

Rob
Is your rant over? I can't believe how much time you have to dedicate to this and how you like to generalise and 'pigeon hole' anyone under 25! To me, anyone who drives a Pulsar is an enthusiast, as no self respecting chav is going to dedicate the time, money and skinned knuckles in order to maintain upkeep of what is effectively, an old car....they would go and buy a corsa on finance instead....

Perhaps you need a reality check, you are driving a car that shouts 'look at me' and at the same time are trying to disguise the nature of the car, the roots of where it came from.....why don't you go and buy a diesel mondeo instead if you want to keep a low profile?

I have spent the last 4 years bare metal restoring my UK R into what is probably one of the cleanest R's in the UK, I've spent about £15k in that time and the car screams 'look at me'.....as I wanted to accentuate the already 'loud' and somewhat garish nature of the car. I am a true rally fan, a true enthusiast, not a chav, and certainly not a loser....

If I want a 5" tailpipe....and out of interest it's not even for my car....then I shall have one!

PS.....I'm 24...... ;)