Modena Front LSD Diff

mreguest

Hello,

This message is in someways like a group buy other than I am simply generating interest to try and show Modena that there is some potential for sales of their front diffs. I asked them if they had any for sale and this was their reply:

"Hi Adam,

We did make those diffs but unfortunately we sold out and I’m unsure at this stage if they will be remade. Maybe check back in a month or so after we have planned our production schedule.

Kind Regards,

Emily"

I then wrote back and said - If I can guarantee a few sales will you make some? I will let you know what she says.

In the mean time please reply to this thread and lets talk about this.

I would be happy to pay in advance a non refundable sizeable deposit if it guarantees me one. I have no intension of organising a group buy, we would each need to pay them directly.

I assume it would be less than <£1,000 delivered including shipping and tax VAT etc...
Anyone else feel the same? Anyone have any better ideas?

If anyone is wondering WTF is this...

https://www.canadagtir.com/forum/for-sale/modena-lsd-group-buy-ready?page=2

Answers on a postcard. I'll put this message on both UK forums as it's in everyone's mutual benefit... who would buy one if they are around say £900 delivered?

Maybe names on a list?

1.) Mreguest (name on all forums, real name Adam)

vpulsar

They're a terrible company to deal with as far as time scales go, I organised a group buy years ago and they made some eventually. But by that time I'd got fed up and found a new nismo one in the states was probably 3 years ago now.

mreguest

Ok, so oblivious to whats been going on I have just found a group buy chat on the motorsport forum. I want one, i have put my name on the list and I'm trying to generate more interest. There are no other options commercially available and I can't be arsed waiting for a second hand one to come by...

Extract from the first post...
"The rough numbers for the front diff are as follows (with the current exchange rate)

Diff Price: £526.82 ($1100)
Deposit required: £200
Postage: £50 ($100)
Import duty and tax: £140.66
Total: £717.48

The Centre diff he is currently working out a price for, it will be more expensive than the front and will require about a 38% deposit again. But postage and % tax / import duty should be similar.

The Centre diff will be based on a ramp and plate style the gains should be quite impressive, He has also always thought a spool could work as well as it only couples the front and rear and has no bearing on turn, this concept has been tried on the big banger wrx cars, a true 50/50 split which is very fast on tarmac and impressive on gravel."

The current list (updated yesterday) has 7 people for front diff and 4 people for centre.
Modena have since said (yesterday) that they might do it at 8 people for front diff.
As they have done a front diff before I guess it's easy for them to produce them again.
I suspect the centre diff might be a slow process.

Can the Moderators from each forum have a chat and get this linked up? It is mutually beneficial for us all!

Cheers,
Adam :)

Jon Olds

Mine suffers from rear wheel spin up (loss of drive) when the inside rear lifts off the deck when cornering really hard on slicks (sprinting), but my budget cant stretch to three new LSD's!
Jon

whytie

I managed to buy a front lsd from them last year, it's still sitting on my bench as I haven't used it.

I thought they still had some in stock

johnny gtir

I think they all sold eventually and a lot went to other people rather than people who put names forward so took a long while to sell. Hence frank been cautious on another batch. Well from reading that's how I picked it up on here a while ago now

vpulsar

Maybe frank should of delivered them in a timely fashion. Then the people who were kept waiting (me included ) wouldn't of got fed up and looked elsewhere!.

johnny gtir

Two sides to every storey rob I was not in on the group buy. But if it took longer than he said he only has himself to blame.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I'd like one too, but there seems to be so much negativity I'm a little put off ordering one!

mreguest

The negativity just comes from the delays etc surrounding the making and delivery of the first batch...
The product itself is widely regarded as a superb upgrade.
If you want one and don't mind if it takes 2months/10months, whatever, then put your name down.
It's relatively easy to fit if/when you get one and apparently massively improves front grip/handling :)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk