Modena front diffs

red reading

Easier to fit it all as one for shimming reasons, but we can sort something. Cars going to be a hell of a spec for a stock looker .

vpulsar

Just got this reply.

As you can see the shipping isn't to bad and if you pay via credit card then those costs aren't bad either.

Hi Rob,

Freight to the UK is approximately $160.00AU, but if there were a few going to the UK they could be shipped to one address which would bring the cost down per item.

We don’t have paypal but do accept credit card with a bank surcharge of 1.25% which is $13.75au on $1100.00

Kind regards,
Tracie

Modena Engineering Australia Pty Ltd
Factory 2/11 Daniel Drive
CARRUM DOWNS VIC 3201 AUSTRALIA
Tel: +61 3 9782 4420
Fax: +61 3 9782 4260

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
They've got a bad deal on their credit card facilities; Commonwealth Bank used to give us 0.05% to have an EFTPOS machine. - Would they prefer you sent them a cheque?

vpulsar

They've got a bad deal on their credit card facilities; Commonwealth Bank used to give us 0.05% to have an EFTPOS machine. - Would they prefer you sent them a cheque?

Are you really that bothered about paying a fiver mate, You must have some Scottish blood in your veins lol

vpulsar

They just sent me another email saying they maybe able to do PayPal so that might be helpful.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Are you really that bothered about paying a fiver mate, You must have some Scottish blood in your veins lol
No. What I object to is being asked to pay someone else's bank fees. - Especially as the law changed in Australia to prevent companies from charging excessively; 1.25% isn't actually that bad, but for Visa/Mastercard it shouldn't be much more than ~0.88%

In the same way, I would never ask someone else to pay my PayPal fees. - It's a price that I'm willing to pay to have money put in my account instantly.

vpulsar

I've got a email this morning saying they are going to make 12 units before their Christmas break, So please let me know who's interested in having one so I can get back to him with numbers.

I don't mind having them sent to me and ship them out to people if need be.

Oh I found out about the payment options now, Frank thought they might be able to do paypal but they can't, So it's either bank transfer which is pricey or credit card with a 1.25% fee.

Rob

vpulsar

I'm defo in for this
We have three people including me for sure so far, I'd like to see more interest really because this really is the best diff you can fit for a road and part time racer.

But I know it's hard times and at the moment and a lot of the younger members just don't have that kind of money so see how it goes.

Rob

whytie

Mayby let it run a few weeks and see what interest there is. Have you posted in gtiroz as some of them might be keen.

whytie

Could they be shipped to someone in oz and then shipped to the uk and save on postage and import fees?

vpulsar

Could they be shipped to someone in oz and then shipped to the uk and save on postage and import fees?

No idea mate, I don't know much about how duty works.

Maybe if they were repacked and labeled as second hand car parts you could get around the custom fees, If the value was marked down to say $500 aus but then you're taking a chance. Personally I've done that a few times and I've never lost a parcel in the last 10 years of importing stuff from Aus/USA and Japan.

I did register on the Aus gtir site but I can't post as yet so maybe someone else could ?.